Lots of people are completing courses on Udemy every month.
If you don’t quite know what this is, Udemy is a brilliant online open course marketplace where just about anyone can submit a course for consideration.
The general Udemy marketplace is packed full of experts on the specific subject matter who share their skills, experience, and knowledge through a series of video tutorials.
But do you know how to add Udemy (see also ‘How Does Udemy Work?‘) certificate to LinkedIn? Let’s find out.
These videos are appealing to many people for their ease of access and their ability to provide lots of important information about a particular skill or topic.
Over 54 million learners are now registered on Udemy, with over 741 different course enrollments on the platform.
Once you finish a course you will have full access to your certificate. These certificates look brilliant on your resume.
They’re also highly appealing to recruiters scrolling through your LinkedIn profile.
If you want to learn how to add your Udemy certificate to your LinkedIn profile, this article has got you covered!
Finding Your Udemy Certificate
Your Udemy certificate isn’t always the easiest thing to locate. This is because it’s often tucked away behind some buttons that are very easy to overlook.
To find your certificate, you should begin by clicking on the “My Learning” part of your profile.
This will show you every single course you have ever enrolled in while using Udemy (see also ‘How Often Does Udemy Have Sales?‘) (see also ‘How Often Does Udemy Have Sales?‘). Select the course that you want to have a certificate for.
On the course page, you will find two buttons that can take you to where your certificate is.
The first one is the Get Certificate which is located on the upper right-hand side of the course page.
By clicking on this, a drop-down menu will appear with another Get Certificate button.
This button is unavailable on mobile devices, but it’s nothing to worry about!
Scroll to the course dashboard section, select the Overview tab, and find the Certificates section.
You can then click on the Udemy Certificate (see also ‘When Is The Next Udemy Sale? updated 2022‘) button which will show you your certificate.
Downloading And Sharing Your Certificate
After finding the certificate page you can download the certificate (as a jpg image or a PDF).
If you want to save the certificate or print off a physical copy, you should opt to save it as a PDF. You may be inclined to use the Share button.
However, we’d advise against this because clicking Share will create a social media post instead of adding it to your LinkedIn profile.
You’ll need to take some extra steps if you want to make sure your certificate is added to your profile for multiple prospective employers and recruiters to see your achievement.
What To Do If You Can’t Locate Your Certificate?
If the Udemy certificate or Get Certificate buttons are unavailable, you may be worrying about whether or not you can find your certificate to add to your profile.
We’re here to reassure you that you can! There are two possible reasons for your certificate being unavailable.
The first is that the specific course you have completed does not offer a certificate in the first place – however, this is pretty uncommon.
The second is that you have yet to finish the course. A failed quiz, incomplete assignment, or a missed lecture could prevent you from finding your certificate.
Make sure the course dashboard progress bar says 100% progress before you try to download your certificate!
Add To Your LinkedIn Page
The first thing you should do is navigate to your LinkedIn profile page and login so you can post your certification for everyone to see.
Once you are on your profile page, you can then follow the steps below.
- At the top of your profile, access the Add Profile Section button. Once this has been clicked, you can then select Background and click on the + icon located next to the Licenses and Certificates option to add a new certificate.
- A box will then pop up which allows you to enter the details of your certificate. This will usually be the name of the certification (the course name). Fill in any other details that are requested.
- To fill in the Issuing Organization section, you should begin typing in Udemy and then select the program when it appears in the drop-down menu. This will authenticate the certificate that you have obtained.
- In the Credential ID field, you should enter the long certificate number that can be found on the bottom left corner of your certificate. Feel free to copy and paste this number from the end of the URL to this certification page to save you some valuable time. If you choose to do this, remove any forward slashes (/) as this will invalidate your certificate.
- In the Credential URL field, you can then copy the link into the relevant box containing the link to your certificate. This link cannot be accessed by anyone using the internet – so don’t worry about having to protect your privacy!
- Save your progress when you have finished this to successfully add it to your profile. If you have other certificates to add to your profile, feel free to repeat the above steps!
Where Else Can I Add Udemy Certificates?
You can also add your certificate(s) to the “Featured” section of Linkedin for recruiters and hiring managers to see.
All you have to do is navigate to “Featured,” click Add Media and upload an image of your certification along with a detailed description.
In-depth descriptions will impact LinkedIn’s algorithm when recruiters are searching for a particular skill!
You could even consider adding your Udemy certification to the education section of your LinkedIn profile.
Though it may fill a gap if you lack official credentials for a job, Udemy lacks some accreditation versus competitors like Udacity or Coursera (see also our article on auditing a Coursera course) (see also our article on auditing a Coursera course).
And that’s all there is to it! Colleagues, recruiters, prospective employers, and any other relevant parties can now see your certificate and look at your achievements.
This will be a great way of showing off the skills that you possess for any future job applications!