Cooking is an integral part of our everyday life. Plus, it’s fun! If you love cooking and want to bring your kitchen skills to the next level, this Gordon Ramsay’s
Think about it, who wouldn’t want to upscale their knowledge and be able to try different foods every day?
Yes, tons of cooking video tutorials and classes have popped out online over the years (see also ‘Are Masterclass Cooking Courses Worth It?‘) (see also ‘Are Masterclass Cooking Courses Worth It?‘). Some are even accessible for free. That said, what makes this
Well, as the quote says ”Experience is the best teacher. But, learning from a master’s experience will make you top-notch!” That said, it’s safe to say that Gordon Ramsay is truly a master of his craft. Not only is he a great chef, but he’s obviously passionate about what he’s doing.
If you’re still on the fence about whether to enroll in this course or not, here’s an in-depth Gordon Ramsay Masterclass review to help you make your choice and answer the question ‘Is it worth your money, time, and effort?”
Without further ado, let’s dig in!
Who is Gordon Ramsay?
Before diving into action, it’d be best to know who your teacher will be when you seek to acquire this curriculum.
So, who is Gordon Ramsay? A master in his craft, a famous TV chef, a restaurateur and a holder of seven Michelin stars, that’s who he is.
Gordon Ramsay is a world-renowned master chef. A very passionate and skilled man when it comes to cooking and food preparation. Aside from that, he also has his own series of cooking shows, such as Hell’s Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, Next Level Chef, and many more.
Currently, he has 32 restaurants all over America, Europe, and Asia. Not to mention, there are eight more to open. Throughout his years of experience in the industry, he’s got 16 Michelin stars and presently holds seven. To add to that, he’s also been awarded the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE) by Queen Elizabeth II to recognize his contribution to the culinary industry.
Having said that, Gordon Ramsay is indeed one of the most eligible chefs to teach expertise to aspirants and even professionals in the said industry.
On that account, it’s safe to say that his cooking course is one of the Best Masterclass courses you could find. So, why not learn a thing or two about cooking from the absolute master himself?
Overview of the Class
What is Gordon Ramsay’s
In a nutshell, it’s an immersive online class exclusively given by MasterChef himself, Gordon Ramsay.
There are two sets of classes available. Each class consists of 5-15 minute videos on various topics, such as kitchen layout, ingredients, methods of cooking, and more.
Here are the video contents you’ll have access to if you get the course:
Gordon Ramsay Teaches Cooking 1
- Gordon’s Journey: Learning from Masters
- Method: Kitchen Layout
- Mastering Ingredients: Vegetables & Herbs
- Make: Poached Egg & Mushrooms on Brioche
- Method: Knife Skills
- Make: Elevated Scrambled Eggs
- Method: Breaking Down a Whole Chicken
- Make: Chicken Supreme with Root Vegetables
- Mastering Ingredients: Fish & Shellfish
- Gordon’s Journey: Becoming a Master
- Method: Breaking Down a Whole Fish
- Make: Salmon with Shellfish Minestrone
- Method: Making Pasta Dough
- Method: Rolling Pasta Dough
- Make: Lobster Ravioli
- Mastering Ingredients: Beef, Lamb & Pork
- Make: Beef Wellington
- Advice for Life
Gordon Ramsay Teaches Cooking 2: Restaurant Recipes at Home
- Red Wine Poached Egg, Asparagus, and Mushrooms
- Crispy Duck with Red Endive and Spinach
- Pomme Purée
- Cauliflower Steak, Olives, and Mushrooms
- Rack of Lamb with Thumbelina Carrots
- Roasted Eggplant With Basil and Feta
- Grilled Baby Leeks, Miso Broth, and Caviar Vinaigrette
- Szechuan Roasted Whole Chicken
- Hoisin Chicken and Pickled Daikon
- Szechuan Chicken Breast and Udon Noodles
- Sesame Crusted Tuna With Cucumber Salad
- Fried Branzino With Thai Chili Lettuce Cups
- Raspberry Soufflé
Gordon Ramsay offers a more personal look and experience in his kitchen and helps you upscale your skills in food preparation, meat and vegetable selection, and creating exemplary dishes.
Just like every class, there are pros and cons. On that note, to give you an idea of the program’s advantages and downsides, we’ve prepared this quick list. Go through it to see if this class is truly the one for you.
- You will learn to create some iconic Gordon Ramsay dishes, such as the Lobster Ravioli and Beef Wellington.
- You will understand and teach your taste buds the profiles of various herbs and spices and learn to get a fantastic flavor out of the best ingredients.
- He will introduce practical tips and tricks and help you upscale your cooking knowledge and skills.
- There’s both theory and hands-on work.
- Lessons are from basic to expert-level techniques.
- The class will encourage you to think outside the box by using unexpected ingredients.
- Substitute healthy ingredients are suggested for those that have dietary demands.
- Proper food hygiene and safety tips are introduced.
- Most recipes also come with beverage suggestions to improve the overall experience.
- Some intricate recipes have pre-made ingredients without knowing how to make them.
- Some food preparation skills seem to be very complicated, like blowing the steam away from the pan, which could be hard to grasp, especially for those that do not have a background in cooking.
- Some ingredients used in the recipes are hard to find.
- Some exotic ingredients are required for certain recipes, which sadly do not have alternative suggestions.
- There are important parts of the lessons that are left out, which could have been an enhancement if taught.
- The totality of the course may not be suitable for people who aren’t interested in cooking or those with zero background.
Who is This Class for?
Everyone is welcome to take this cooking course. If you are passionate about culinary arts and cooking, want to become a better chef, or are just an avid fan of food, this course might be right for you.
If you’re a fan of Gordon Ramsay, who wants to learn his techniques and cooking style and get a closer look and exclusive experience in his home kitchen, you’re undoubtedly on the right course.
However, this course might not be very friendly to those who don’t have a background, basic knowledge, or even just a little experience in cooking. Though Gordon Ramsay talks about cooking terminologies and techniques taught can be hard to chew for a newbie.
How Much Does the Class Cost
You can’t purchase the Gordon Ramsay
The annual membership of
If you seek to access the website from two devices, you can pick the duo plan for $20 per month when billed annually. For families, the best option is the family plan, which costs $23 per month on annual billing. This plan allows six devices to access the website simultaneously.
Your membership also entitles you to use your mobile and TV applications, where you can watch high-definition video lessons and download pdf workbooks for free.
Plus, they also offer a full refund within 30 days of your subscription date if you feel like
Some of the people who have subscribed and taken this
Gordon Ramsay is definitely a master in his craft, so I fundamentally believe that once you become a master at something, you can definitely start talking about how you became a master and how you eventually got to where you are. Gordon Ramsay gives really impactful advice when it comes to your path and how you can succeed in the industry. And I found that really impactful. And unfortunately, you can’t really get stuff like this from youtube or any other platform. I’d probably take this class twice every year, especially before Christmas.
-Louis from Youtube
I officially finished the Gordon Ramsay