Although you can’t always get a refund from MasterClass after paying for a subscription to their learning platform, you can cancel your subscription anytime.
So, if you feel like the platform is too expensive for you or you’re not getting what you want from the classes, you can easily unsubscribe.
How do you cancel your MasterClass subscription? Although the method varies depending on the platform you use to access the service, if you subscribed from the MasterClass website, you can cancel your subscription from your account settings.
This article outlines how to cancel your MasterClass subscription without a fuss, whether you’ve subscribed on the MasterClass website or via your iPhone or Android device.
Follow these steps, and you’ll be able to cancel your subscription within mere minutes.
Eligibility For Canceling MasterClass Subscription
MasterClass is an online learning platform that gives you access to classes on various topics. If you’ve just signed up and want to know which classes are the best, read our guide, “Best MasterClass Courses”.
If you run into issues or are simply not satisfied with MasterClass, you don’t have to keep paying a subscription. You can cancel it. But before we proceed, there are two important things to know about MasterClass subscriptions.
- When you cancel your subscription, you’ll have access to the service until your next planned auto-renewal date. So, for example, if you bought an annual MasterClass membership on 16 September 2021, you’ll be able to use it until 16 September 2022, when it’s due to be renewed.
- Note, however, that if you’re interested in purchasing a MasterClass subscription, you can’t purchase just one course – you’ll have to pay a full year’s subscription of $180 per year. This gives you access to all the courses MasterClass has to offer. You can find out more by reading our guide, “MasterClass Pricing”. This will help you figure out if MasterClass is suitable for you and prevent you from having to cancel your subscription later.
Some people might think that it’s difficult to cancel their MasterClass subscription, but this isn’t the case. Read on to find out how to cancel your subscription on different devices.
How To Request Cancelation of MasterClass Subscription
MasterClass is versatile and convenient as you can access a variety of different lessons on a variety of devices. If you wish to cancel your membership, you’ll have to do so from the device you originally used to sign up for the service.
Here are the instructions to follow.
If you subscribed to MasterClass via their website, you have to log into your account first.
- Once you’re in your account, go to your “Profile” (located at the top right of the page).
- Go to “Settings,” then choose the “Membership” section.”
- Find “Cancel” and click on it.
- Follow the cancellation steps.
If you run into any issues when canceling your subscription in this way, you can also request cancelation of your subscription by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’ve been using MasterClass on your Android device, you would have subscribed to the service from the Google Play Store. Here are the steps to follow to cancel your MasterClass subscription.
- Open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Choose “Menu Subscription.”
- Find the subscription you want to cancel and follow the onscreen instructions.
- You’ll be requested to confirm your cancellation, so choose “OK” to cancel your automatic renewal.
If you bought your subscription from iTunes on your Apple device, follow these instructions:
- Go to the App Store and choose “Account Settings.”
- Choose your Apple ID (located on the top of the screen). You might be asked for your password.
- Go to “Subscriptions” and find MasterClass from the list. Click on it.
- Choose “Cancel Subscription.”
- You might be requested to confirm your cancellation of the subscription.
- Make sure you tap on “Cancel Subscription” again so that you confirm the cancelation process.
How To Get a MasterClass Refund
If you’ve canceled your subscription, you might wonder if you’re eligible for a refund. This could happen if, for example, you forgot to cancel your free trial. If you’re unsatisfied with MasterClass, it’s good to know that there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee.
However, MasterClass doesn’t offer a prorated refund for partial months, such as if you’re canceling your service, but there are still a few days or weeks to go before the cancellation comes into effect.
You also won’t get a refund if you’ve requested a refund more than 30 days after signing up for the MasterClass service.
That said, you can try to get in touch with MasterClass to request a refund, as every case will be judged on an individual basis.
If you have queries about getting a refund, contact Support at email@example.com. Make sure you include your information and state your case for why you think you should get a refund in your email.
If you’ve signed up for MasterClass, you might wonder if you can cancel your subscription if you change your mind about it at a later stage. As we’ve outlined in our article, this is possible.
Simply follow our presented steps, and you’ll be good to go. For any further issues, you can always rely on MasterClass’ customer service.