With over 35,000 online classes, Skillshare offers one of the deepest catalogs for online learners trying to better themselves without heading back to the classroom.
However, as virtually limitless as this learning resource is, when you feel you’re done with it, you’re done. So now you will think how to cancel skillshare subscription Right?
Perhaps you were only interested in one or two courses, maybe you’re trying to save money, or maybe you’ve decided to defect to another of the big names in online education.
But canceling your Skillshare subscription (see also ‘Is SkillShare Worth It? Review in 2022‘) can be a little confusing, as the avenues you have to take are determined by the way in which you signed up to and paid for the platform, so I’m going to break each cancellation method down to save you the headaches.
- How To Cancel Skillshare Subscription If You Signed Up On The Skillshare Website
- How To Cancel Skillshare Teams Account
- How To Cancel Skillshare Membership If You Signed Up Via The App
- What Happens If I Cancel My Skillshare Subscription After Paying?
- Final Thoughts
I’d always recommend signing up for Skillshare on their website, as this gives you the easiest out when you decide you’re done with learning or simply want to continue your learning journey without the service.
Here’s how it’s done…
- Step 1. Head on over to the Skillshare site.
- Step 2. Sign in to your Skillshare account.
- Step 3. Click on the “your profile” icon in the top right corner of the Skillshare interface.
- Step 4. From the dropdown menu, select “Account Settings”.
- Step 5. You’ll see a short menu list in the middle-left of the screen. Click the “Payments” menu tab at the bottom of the list.
- Step 6. On the top-right of the Payments menu will be a “Cancel Membership” link. Click it.
- Step 7. At this stage, Skillshare will go full HAL and try to convince you not to go through with the cancellation, but stay strong, friend; you’re almost free. Click “Continue Cancellation” at the bottom of the window.
- Step 8. You’ll be met with yet another level of resistance from Skillshare, this time asking if you “Need more time to decide?” Laugh in the face of this last-ditch effort to retain your custom, and click “Cancel Membership”.
- Step 9. Before cancellation is official, Skillshare (see also ‘How Does Skillshare Work?‘) will ask for a reason for your departure. Give them it then click “Submit”.
- Step 10. A screen will load informing you that your membership has been canceled, but just to make sure, head back to the Payments menu on your account and see if the cancellation has been logged.
As team accounts on Skillshare are often customized to suit the business in question, you can’t just pop onto an account and cancel the multi-person membership.
Much like when you created the account, you’ll have to communicate with a member of the Skillshare team.
Thankfully, as your dedicated customer success manager, you’ll be well acquainted with this person and know exactly how to contact them.
They’ll no doubt try and talk you out of your cancellation, perhaps even offering you some deals and discounts, but if you’re resolute, they will acquiesce and take you through the cancellation process.
Skillshare doesn’t offer a direct means of canceling your membership if you signed up and paid for the service using the iOS App Store or Google Play.
This is simply because it’s the app stores that handle the release of funds from your account to your subscriptions, so you can only cancel the payments by going through the app store’s protocols.
Thankfully, it’s not such a taxing process. Let’s take a look at how it’s done.
- Step 1. Head on over to The Google Play website.
- Step 2. Sign in to your account.
- Step 3. Click on the “your profile” icon at the top-right of the window.
- Step 4. Select “Payments & Subscriptions” from the navigation menu.
- Step 5. Locate Skillshare in your subscriptions list, then select “Manage”.
- Step 6. A new menu will pop up giving you the option to “Cancel Subscription”.
- Step 1. Tap on the settings icon.
- Step 2. Tap on your name at the top of the settings menu.
- Step 3. Tap on the “Subscriptions” menu.
- Step 4. Locate Skillshare on your subscriptions list and tap it.
- Step 5. Scroll down until you see the “Cancel Subscription” tile. Tap it!
- Step 1. Open the App Store.
- Step 2. Click your name or sign in if it isn’t there.
- Step 3. Click “Account Settings”.
- Step 4. Scroll down to your subscriptions, then click “Manage”.
- Step 5. Select “Edit” next to your Skillshare subscription.
- Step 6. Click “Cancel Subscription”.
- Step 1. Open iTunes.
- Step 2. Select “Account” from the iTunes menu bar.
- Step 3. Select “View My Account”.
- Step 4. Select “View Account”.
- Step 5. Scroll down to the Settings menu.
- Step 6. Select “Manage” next to “Subscriptions”.
- Step 7. Click “Edit”.
- Step 8. Find Skillshare and select “Cancel Subscription”.
Don’t worry; if you’ve already paid for an extension on your membership when you cancel your Skillshare subscription, you can still use the full platform until that paid-for period elapses, but your subscription will not be renewed when it does.
Skillshare offers refunds for annual premium plan payments if you contact them within 14 days of the payment being processed. Monthly plan holders, on the other hand, are not eligible for refunds of any kind.
If you truly want to cut ties with the platform, you can completely remove your card details by heading to the Skillshare website, signing in to your account, clicking on the “your profile” icon, then, under “Billing *Payment”, clicking “Edit” next to “Credit Card”. Finish things up by deleting the details and clicking “Update”.
There you have it — As long as you go through the proper channels, you can easily cancel your Skillshare membership.
The method of cancellation is determined by the way in which you signed up and pay for your subscription.