Is Coursera as impressive as all the hype it receives? Well, let’s discuss it in brief. Coursera is among the most prestigious educational platforms, providing courses in fields such as business, data science, health, and so much more.
From courses to degrees and specializations, it’s hard not to find a learning program that will interest you.
Besides, its pricing structure is flexible and you can even use a Coursera coupon to pay for the course of your choice.
This post will discuss what you need to know about Coursera, and whether or not its online courses are the right fit for you. Keep reading to find out more.
- What is Coursera?
- Reasons Why You Need to Try Out Coursera
- What Learning Programs Does Coursera Offer?
- Coursera’s Pricing Structure – How Much Do They Cost?
- Save More with Coursera Coupons
- The Bottom Line
What is Coursera?
Coursera is an online-based learning platform that offers myriads of learning programs, including courses, degrees, and specializations.
It works collaboratively with top organizations and educational institutions to facilitate the online courses it offers.
What’s more, the online courses that Coursera offers are job-relevant, flexible, recognized by employers, and most importantly, affordable.
Speaking of affordability, the course supports a wide array of payment plans – from completely free packages to paying for a course through the Coursera coupon codes, or its annual or monthly subscriptions.
You may be wondering, “Is Coursera the right choice for me? Well, let’s find out.
Reasons Why You Need to Try Out Coursera
Here are some of the reasons why you need to consider the Coursera platform:
- Partnerships with top organizations and universities. It’s important to note that Coursera has partnered with more than 200 top organizations and universities such as Google, IBM, Stanford University, Imperial College, and more to develop its learning programs.
- Availability of free learning programs.Coursera does offer around 2,000 courses free of charge. However, if you undertake a free course, you’ll not receive a certificate upon completion of the program. This option becomes available once you choose to pay for a paid subscription.
- Online courses and degrees are reasonably priced. Coursera’s course prices are more affordable as compared to campus-based degrees.
- High-quality online courses. The courses available at Coursera are taught by some of the best experts in their respective fields. These experts are often from world-class organizations and universities.
- Learn offline. Coursera’s mobile application allows users to download various learning materials for use when they’re offline. Offline learning enables you to study on the go, which is the ideal option when on a plane trip.
What Learning Programs Does Coursera Offer?
If you need an affordable online learning program that is offered in partnership with the top universities or institutions, then this might be the right learning platform for you.
Here are some of the types of online courses offered at Coursera:
- Courses. Coursera provides more than 1,700 online courses completely free of charge – to upgrade, you need to pay for the certificate. These online courses are taught by the best instructors from world-class educational institutions and organizations.
- Specializations. With Coursera, you can find a series of related online courses to master a particular career skill. Here, you can decide whether to undertake a single course related to the career skill or undertake a series of courses that can cover every aspect of that career skill.
- GuidedProjects. This program allows you to learn a job-related skill in just under two hours. Guided projects involve taking a brief interactive course that is taught by subject-matter professionals. You also have more than 2,000 options to choose from.
- ProfessionalCertificate. These are training programs that are tailored to prepare you for a particular job or industry. Some of these professional certificates are recognized by schools and organizations.
- Degrees. Coursera has partnered with some of the best universities such as Yale and Princeton to offer online learners affordable Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees.
- MasterTrack Certificate. This is an online module that is used as credit for your degree program.
Coursera provides a wide variety of subjects namely; art, business, computer science, data science, health, humanities, language learning, math & logic, personal development, physical science & engineering, and social sciences.
Each of these topics has several subtopics that you can explore. If you’ve been looking to undertake one of these subjects, then Coursera is the ideal learning platform for you.
Coursera for Business
Besides individual learning, Coursera for Business provides an Enterprise plan that is designed for large organizations.
With this plan, you’ll receive unlimited access to the courses, integration, user analytics, and skill metrics to drive success. If you need to find out more about Coursera for Business, get in touch with them to receive a quote directly.
Coursera for Teams
Coursera for teams is tailored for a smaller workforce. It is created to offer your workforce access to more than 4,000 online courses, guided projects, and specializations. The plan allows a 14-day refund policy and it’s designed for pay-per-user annually.
Coursera for Campus
The focus of Coursera for Campus is to empower universities to provide credit-ready, job-relevant online education to the faculty, staff, and students.
Moreover, if a student wants to learn a particular job-ready skill for free, Coursera does offer this plan for free. With this plan, you get access to one free course and unlimited guided projects every year. All you need to get started is your school email.
This student plan is available to part-time, full-time, university, and community college students from around the globe. Impressively, its courses have been accredited by state-of-the-art companies and universities such as Google and Yale.
Coursera’s Pricing Structure – How Much Do They Cost?
Coursera offers a wide variety of pricing models because of its extensive catalog of online learning programs. Its guided projects and courses start from $9.99 and the online degrees can be as high as $50,000.
In addition to providing one-time payments, users can also choose between annual or monthly plans with Coursera Plus (see also ‘What Is Coursera Plus?‘) (see also ‘What Is Coursera Plus?‘). Here are its price categories:
From Math & Logic to Social Science, Coursera provides more than 2,000 courses on a wide variety of subjects for free of charge.
More so, it’s equipped with a handy filter feature that allows you to specify what exactly you’re looking for. With this feature, you can pick between level, language, skills, subject, learning product, and partner.
Coursera has put in plenty of effort to ensure that its free online courses are easy to retrieve. Although these courses will be quite helpful to you, there is the option to purchase the online course.
When you pay for the course, you’ll be awarded a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Guided projects at Coursera start at $9.99 and are developed to learn a job skill or industry tool swiftly.
When you purchase the guided project, it comes with all the learning materials, immediate access to the necessary packages, a split-screen video guide, and a free download of what you’ve created.
Specializations mainly emphasize mastering a particular skill. Its prices start at $39 monthly – it can take around one to three months to complete. What’s more, users are offered a seven-day free trial period which comes with full access.
The objective of Coursera’s professional certificates is to get you job-ready as well as earn career credentials. The starting price is around $39 monthly – it takes about one to six months to complete.
Like with specializations, professional certificates come with a 7-day free trial period and it offers financial aid on top.
The price of these certificates starts at $2,000 and could take between four to seven months to complete. The objective of this plan is to earn you a certificate issued by a recognized university and a credit towards your degree.
Bachelor’s or master’s degrees at Coursera cost $9,000 and take around two to four years to complete. Its degrees come from top universities such as the University of London and Penn.
To get this degree, you need to apply and fill out an application form.
Save More with Coursera Coupons
Although Coursera coupons are reasonably priced, you can still make more savings by utilizing its coupons to pay for your learning program.
For instance, by using this coupon, you can save up to 50% on a specialization package when you invite your family and friends to Coursera. Also, when you refer your friend to Coursera, both of you will receive a Coursera coupon worth 50% off.
The Bottom Line
There you have it! This is what you need to know about this special online learning platform. We hope that this article has been helpful.
If you’re still uncertain about whether to join the bandwagon or not, you should know that Coursera has more than 50 million students across the globe. Therefore, you don’t have to take our word – let the numbers speak for themselves.
Coursera is an authentic MOOC option and it can assist you in pursuing your ambitions smartly and professionally.
Besides, you can decide to take the free trial lessons and then pay or use a Coursera coupon to pay if the course impresses you. Consider taking up a class at this learning platform today, and you won’t regret it!