Are you considering using Thinkific to help you make your very own online courses?
If you are, then it only makes sense that you should want to know more about the platform to help you make a well-thought-out decision about whether or not it is going to be the right option for you.
To cut a long story short, Thinkific was founded in 2021 and was specifically created to help simplify the process of not only creating a variety of different courses – but selling and marketing them, too.
But, what is Thinkific used for, exactly? This is where we come in to help.
So, without further ado, just keep on reading to learn a little more about what Thinkific is, as well as what you can use it for!
Along the way, we are going to be sharing helpful information and tips to help you decide whether or not the online course platform is going to be right for you.
What Is Thinkific?
Before we get any further into this guide, we first think that it would be a good idea to talk you through exactly what Thinkfic is, as this will help you to make a more well-informed decision about whether or not it is going to be the right option for you.
As we have already briefly mentioned above, Thinkific is a relatively new platform as it was initially founded in 2021.
Still, despite the fact that it is one of the newer platforms for online course creation, we’re sure that you’ll agree with us when we say that, since its inception, Thinkfic has made waves in the online course creation space and continues to do so.
The founder, Greg Smith, initially decided to go ahead and create Thinkfic as he was a course creator himself and encountered a pretty big problem as he was unable to find a platform that would support his needs.
Prior to going ahead and developing Thinkfic, Greg Smith created his own courses and made the decision to place his LSAT course online with the help of his brother in order to be able to reach more unlimited students than ever before.
From that point on, Thinkfic was created and has gradually begun to become one of the leading names in the course creation space.
So much so that at the time of writing this guide, Thinkfic currently has over 50,000 users and that figure is growing each and every day!
Wondering what the founding values of Thinkfic are?
Well, besides making sure that all users will have the opportunity to not only create their own unlimited courses but also have a website where they will be able to sell their courses – Thinkfic is based on the value of ensuring that “positive change can be encouraged through accessible education for all.”
Who Can Thinkific Be Used By?
So, even though we know that Thinkfic is a platform that is specifically designed for content creators that want to create, sell and market their own courses – who would benefit the most from using Thinkific?
Well, the good news is that Thinkific can be used by absolutely anyone that wants to make their ownThinkific course content that they can then offer to their audience, regardless of whether they are in the beauty niche, cooking space, or anywhere in between. (Check out ‘How To Make Money On Thinkific?‘)
In other words, Thinkific can be used by everyone.
Just think about it: No matter what subject or area of discipline, you can almost bet that there will be someone within that space who is an expert in their field and has the desire to share their knowledge with others who share the same interests or passion.
That being said, it should come as no surprise to hear that Thinkfic is most commonly used by entrepreneurs, content creators, and small course business owners that want to share their knowledge via helpful Thinkific course content for a fair and affordable price.
Along with that, it is also highly common for Thinkific to be used by people that are looking to diversify and grow their customer base, and is one of the best ways to help scale up a successful education business and potentially take your business success to the very next level.
Here is a quick breakdown of the most common groups of people that might benefit from using Thinkific:
- Content creators: It should come as no surprise that content creators are at the top of our list. When it comes to course creation, content creators are one of the most common types of people that tend to have an interest in course selling, and what better way to do so than with Thinkfic?
- Trainers: Trainers can also benefit from using Thinkific, especially if they are currently looking to branch out and share their knowledge of their industry or niche in a simple and effective way with their audience.
- Small businesses: Along with content creators and trainers, small businesses who want to grow their own brand can benefit greatly from opting to use the Thinkific platform! Besides serving as a way to help them add diversity to their business, offering courses is a great way to grow their customer base and set them apart from their competition.
- Big organizations: Thinkfic has also seen many big organizations signing up to use their platform, as it allows them to create course content that they can then offer their employees as a way to help encourage them to develop both personally and professionally.
- Academy owners: Last but certainly not least, Thinkific is also an ideal platform for those that own an academy (such as a beauty academy) as knowledge and teachings can easily be shared via the Thinkific platform. As well as this, it also helps to simplify the purchasing process, as Thinkific websites are fully encrypted and come with integrated, built-in payment processing capabilities.
What are the Main Features of Thinkfic?
Now that you have a better understanding of what Thinkfic is as well as who might be able to benefit from using it – we are now going to be taking a closer look at some of the main features that you can expect to get from the Thinkfic platform.
Below, let’s take a closer look:
1. Drag and Drop Course Builder
This is the first main feature that Thinkfic offers, and it is a tool that many people feel sets Thinkfic apart from the competition.
To help make the process of making your very own courses as simple as possible, you will have the ability to bring your course vision to life by quickly uploading all of the curricula that you want to include with Thinkfic’s integrated drag-and-drop feature.
Thanks to this, it means that you aren’t going to have to deal with lengthy uploading times or having to locate files – as all you will need to do is simply drag and drop the content that you want your course to include.
This includes everything from written content and assessments, all the way to videos and more!
2. Built-in Payment Processing Capabilities
Along with being able to make the course creation process a total breeze, we think that you might also be interested to learn that Thinkfic also comes with the added convenience of offering you integrated e-commerce capabilities, too!
So, along with being able to easily create online courses and additional resources that you want to offer your customers if you do decide to go ahead and become a member of the Thinkific platform – it means that you are also going to be able to make use of Thinkfic’s built-in payment processing capabilities that will make purchasing your products a walk in the park.
In other words, with Thinkfic, you are going to be able to easily accept payments, manage all of the upcoming payouts directly to your bank account as well as have the ability to process any refunds that you might need to make directly within the Thinkfic platform.
This will help to simplify the admin side of course selling significantly, while also providing you with additional access to selling tools including single plage performance checkouts and more that will help to raise the chances of a purchase being made.
3. Membership Area
One of the biggest benefits of using Thinkific is the fact that it offers an exclusive area for all paid users of the platform.
Thanks to this, it means that besides being able to complete their course, your customers will also have the ability to become part of a community of learners while also being able to enjoy ongoing access to all of the course content that you have provided them with.
Not only that, but Thinkific also offers you the ability to create a subscription for your students to have access to this membership area.
This will mean that you will be able to continue making money even after the course has been completed.
4. Certificates And Assessments
Last but not least, the final main feature that Thinkific offers is the ability to provide course creators the ability to create and distribute official Thinkific certificates after students have completed their course successfully.
We really like this, as the certificate of completion is not something that all course creation platforms offer their users.
Plus, along with certificates, Thinkific also makes assessment creation super easy to do.
From multiple choice style assessments to written exams, Thinkific offers extremely advanced assessment capabilities to help ensure that your students are able to get the most out of their online learning experience.
Additional Thinkific Integrations
Along with all of the main features that we have talked you through above, we think that you might also be interested to learn a little more about some of the additional app integrations that Thinkific offers.
To ensure seamless integration, Thinkific integrates four key app groups into its platform:
- Student experience: First up, we have the student experience. Thinkific prides itself on offering an online education platform that is both fully functional and easy to use for both content creators and students. This includes integrated apps such as Xoom, Lesson Space, Motrin, and many others. (Check out ‘How Can A Student Use Thinkific: Simple Guide.’)
- Scaling: Thinkific also comes complete with a variety of different innovative tools that will help to raise the chances of not only diversifying a business but also reaching larger audiences and a bigger customer base than ever before. These specialized apps include everything from Shopify all the way to DropInBlog which is able to help boost businesses and audiences through things such as search engine optimization.
- Automation: Along with helping to boost student experience as well as helping to reach new customers and bigger audiences – Thinkific is also designed to offer automation features already built-in, which means that users aren’t going to need to worry about dealing with it themselves. This includes email automation tools such as Mailchimp, ActiveCampaign, customer communication messages, and much more.
- Tracking and reporting: Last but not least, the final category that the Thinkific platform is built on is tracking and reporting! This means that Thinkific offers analytics that will have the ability to help encourage course creators to improve their course content by analyzing data provided by Thinkific itself.
The Bottom Line
All in all? While it certainly might not be a platform that is ideal for everyone, we think that it’s safe to say that there’s simply no denying that Thinkfic is one of the best platforms out there right now for those that want to create and sell their own courses.
Thinkfic is ideal for absolutely anyone that has an interest in creating courses and comes with innovative features and marketing tools that will help to make the course creation process a breeze.
The only question left to ask is, are you going to try it out for yourself?
Thank you for taking the time to read through this guide, and we wish you the best of luck with your course creations!