One of the problems of online course creators is having the necessary tools to market and manage the content.
Many people with great content have enormous challenges with the technical details. Several platforms have been designed to ease the burdens of content creators.
Several of these platforms help manage the content and building, designing, marketing, selling, and managing the course. One such platform is Teachery.
Teachery is a platform that simplifies every aspect of the course-building process, especially the technical details.
This allows course creators to focus more on creating content and making money. Nothing discourages content creators like the technical details of putting it together.
Teachery is popular because it is seen as a straightforward means of building an unlimited number of online courses. It offers one of the simplest templates that allow users to integrate and market their content to the broadest market.
Our review of Teachery will show its features, the available courses, supported languages, ease of use, pricing, customer support, and how to create courses. Let’s begin with an overview of the platform.
Known for its simplicity and ease of use, Teachery was created in 2014 by two-course sellers Gerlando Piro and Jason Zook.
It is popular among course creators because it simplifies the entire process of creating courses and solves the problems of technicalities and complications associated with course creation. You don’t need to have any technical skills to use Teachery.
Not everyone can design the layout of online courses or manage their students. The Teachery platform simplifies the entire process for course creators, especially beginners.
The most crucial aspect of creating courses is marketing them and getting learners to buy them. There are several marketing techniques that you can employ as a course creator, but Teachery can also do that for you.
So, in Teachery, you have a platform that does most of the work and leaves the teacher to create honest work. What’s more? It is probably the most affordable platform, especially for beginners.
With very affordable monthly plans and one of the most responsive customer support, Teachery is one of the best platforms for those seeking to make money from their knowledge.
Teachery is also known to be friendly to students and allows them to learn without distractions.
However, the software has its limitations as well. For example, many professional content creators believe it is not as efficient as it should be and that simplicity has robbed it of some specifications.
They claim it is too beginner-friendly and that it may not be beneficial for professionals. Is that really so? Well, Teachery doesn’t claim to be for professionals. It is designed primarily for beginners and intermediate course content creators.
However, it is still an evolving platform, and there’s a lot of room for improvement. Let’s look at some of the pros and cons of Teachery before looking at some of its features.
- You don’t pay transaction fees for sales made on the platform. This is great for beginners who want to start earning from their knowledge.
- Affordable pricing. Teachery’s annual and monthly plans are great for beginners with great pricing plans.
- Great templates are available for building courses and creating payment platforms. You don’t need to be able to do any of these things yourself.
- Teachery has excellent customer support.
- Teachery can help those who don’t know how to create courses to do so
- Teachery has an excellent interface
- Teachery offers tutorials and guides and a clear step-by-step guide for new users.
- Perhaps, the most significant disadvantage of Teachery is that it doesn’t host any of your content. Instead, your files are hosted on other platforms and only embedded into your course.
- The platform does not offer advanced features like email marketing, quizzes, surveys, course completion certificates, automation, or detailed analytics. That’s why advanced users stay away from it.
- It has limited email service integration.
If you’re interested in using Teachery, here are the key features to look out for.
- Beginner-friendly: This platform is designed for beginners, So if you’re new to creating courses, this is for you. You also have access to educational tips on how to package and market your courses. You can also add your video, audio, or text as lessons or sub-lessons.
- No tech skills are needed: If you can write an email and have content, you can create a course on Teachery. Just sign up, follow the instructions, and you’d be done before you know it.
- Unlimited number of courses: You can upload unlimited courses on this platform and enroll as many learners as possible.
- Interactive: This platform allows for interaction among students through Disqus. Content creators can also interact with students via the forum.
- Payment options: For payment, you’ll need to set up an account with Stripe. However, you have multiple options for getting paid as you have lots of flexibility. You can also sell your content outside the Teachery platform.
- Templates: Teachery has customizable course templates that allow you to create courses yourself. The templates are designed around a framework that has been proven to help learners.
- Fees: As a creator, Teachery charges can be paid monthly or annually, and you also have access to a two-week free trial. After your payment, you don’t have to pay any other fees regardless of how many students you attract.
- Track your clients: Teachery allows you to track and manage all your customers and potential clients. You have access to statistics like how much time they spent viewing the course and how long it took others to complete them. Customer analytics gives you all the details you need about your learners.
- Integration: Teachery integrates with Google Analytics and gathers data for you. It also integrates with MailChimp and Convertkid for email marketing.
- Affiliate program: When you refer a creator to the platform, Teachery pays you a commission.
Course creators who use Teachery have great flexibility and can also integrate their content with several video platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, and Wistia; and an audio platform (Soundcloud).
They also have a course editor, which helps beginners to create content quickly.
This is what makes Teachery unique. You have the opportunity to create an unlimited number of courses. To make this more interesting, you do not need any technical know-how, as the platform can guide you to creating a course in minutes.
Once you have your content, you can create courses. Your courses can have as many Landing and Payment Pages as you wish, and you can have as many students enroll as you wish at no extra cost!
Interestingly, you do not need to pay additional charges as you keep creating content.
Teachery supports a wide range of languages, including English, German, Italian, French, Czech, Spanish (see also ‘Are Portuguese and Spanish Similar?‘), Chinese, and Portuguese, so you can translate your courses to reach a wider audience.
Ease of use
In terms of ease of use, Teachery is perfect to a fault. The platform was designed for beginners and intermediate creators with a minimalist design so everyone could use it.
It has templates that can guide you through creating courses in no time. All you need is content; you can start selling in minutes.
Teachery has very flexible payment plans. The good news is that there are no hidden charges. So regardless of how many students you sell your courses to or how much you stand to make, Teachery won’t charge you extra for it.
Also, Teachery has flexible payment plans. Maybe not so relaxed, but there are two plans you can choose from: a monthly plan for $49 or a yearly plan for $470. There is nothing unique to either plan, and you get the same package regardless of how you pay.
Teachery has excellent customer support that responds promptly to emails and also has a chatbox for quicker responses.
Teachery has a help center where you can get help with all articles and documentation. You will get prompt responses when you make any inquiries on Teachery.
When it comes to course creation, Teachery is very straightforward. This is because the platform was designed to help those who may not have the time or skills to go through the technical details of creating content.
It is fully customized to provide you with assistance. Just answer the questions, and you are on your way to making your course.
Once you log in, Teachery asks you some prompting questions, which answers are then used to draw out the outline of your course.
As you answer the questions, Teachery guides you through creating a lesson page and helps you package the content together.
Who is it for?
Teachery is suitable for creators and learners alike. Because of its ease of use and simplicity, it is ideal for schools and individual course creators who are more interested in reaching people with knowledge.
It is also suitable for those who have their websites and wish to create courses that can be viewed on their websites. Since Teachery would create the courses and market them for you, it is an excellent way of marketing your personal websites.
Teachery is also ideal for large enterprises and corporations who want to run training for staff and tutors who wish to market their knowledge to learners worldwide.
Schools can also use Teachery to build their websites.
Teachery is a simple, budget-friendly platform that can help you create courses with landing pages in minutes. It is designed for people who want to develop courses without being bothered by too many technical details.
We think the pros of Teachery far outweigh the cons, and any creator who desires to get started in the shortest possible time would find no better partner than Teachery.
There you have it—a comprehensive Teachery review. You don’t need to know anything about tech. Just be able to answer some questions, have your content handy, pay a token, and you’re ready to reach the world with your talents.
Teachery is not only easy to use and simple, but it also has no hidden charges. Once you’ve signed up, that is all!