The devil works hard, but Kris Jenner works harder.
That’s a saying you’ll see floating around social media quite often if you give her name a quick search. In the world of reality TV and general superstardom, you’d have to be living under a rock to not have heard of any of her famous family.
Both the Kardashian-Jenner empire alike, really took the world by storm back in 2007 when Keeping Up With The Kardashians was aired on our screens.
And while names like Kim Kardashian brand or Kylie Jenner may be more common household names than that of Kris Jenner (and only slightly) it is the famous daughter’s mom that really launched, controlled, and maintained the entire family’s success.
All of the family are very famous now in their own right, but they certainly have businesswoman and ‘Momager’ Kris Jenner to thank.
And if their lives weren’t already busy enough, Kris has now also added Masterclass Teacher to her already extensive list of talents. In this masterclass, Kris is said to teach you the ways of influencer business life in just under 2 hours of content.
But does it truly live up to the expectations? We’re about to find out in this Kris Jenner Masterclass review. I took this class and here is my honest review.
Who’s It For?
If you’re passionate about building your own business or having a strong media/influencer presence and want to learn the ways of the online world to start making the big bucks, then this may be the course for you to find your own entrepreneurial path.
What To Expect
You’ll learn a little more about Kris Jenner’s business empire as well as her main philosophies and top tips. You’ll get Jenner’s advice on how to stand out in a saturated market and ways to figure out where your business is heading.
Don’t expect many inside secrets though, those are kept close to her chest.
You are learning from one of the most successful businesswomen going. You’ll receive anecdotal teaching and even have case studies. You’ll also learn some very helpful tips on how to stand out in the crowd on social media.
It’s not really all that universal, relatable, or applicable to everyday life. You’ll also find that some generic advice is pretty vague and void of direction.
How Long Is The Course?
Kris Jenner’s masterclass course consists of 11 video lessons and altogether you’ll spend one hour and 46 minutes watching them.
So what can you expect to see in each of your 11 lessons? Let’s take a look.
- Meet Your Instructor – In your first lesson, you’ll learn about Kris Jenner the person rather than Kris Jenner the brand. You’ll learn about her early years along with her aspirations. She’ll also delve further into how her family brand came to be. You’ll learn about what to expect from this course and the power of social media.
- Create Your Power of Personal Branding Story – In your second class, you’ll learn about the initial steps of building a business and the questions that will require answers before you begin. You’ll hear about the personal brand philosophies that helped create her own brand narrative. You’ll also have advice on how to get ahead and areas of research that are vital for business.
- A Brand Is Born – In your third Jenner’s class, you’ll learn about the milestones in Jenner’s life that helped her brand come to be. You’ll learn the ideal characteristics of the perfect businesswoman and the importance of routine.
- KUWTK: How It Started & Considering Your Audience – Using the reality show as a case study you’ll learn about targeting specific audiences, delivering consistent quality content, market research, and generating engagement.
- KUWTK: How It Started & Considering Your Audience Pt.2 – These two lessons will mainly teach you about building a relationship with your audience and how to become an influencer. There is a heavy focus on the importance of hashtags as well as studying analytics.
- Social Media: Owning It – In this lesson, you will be taught the true power of social media and how to use it to your advantage. You’ll learn how to grow your following, to keep those followers, the best times for posting, and the main differences between the educational streaming platform.
- Visual Storytelling & Monetizing Your Brand – In this lesson, you’ll learn more about how to make money from your brand and the visual impact of visual storytelling.
- Visual Storytelling & Monetize Your Brand Story – You’ll learn more about Jenner’s routine for social media posting, the importance of a video message, and Jenner’s recommendations for visual storytelling. And most importantly, how to make money from your brand.
- Case Studies: Kardashian Jenner Family Brands – Now, you’ll learn more about how her children then ventured off into their own brand deals. You’ll learn more about brand success and how to launch products.
- How It’s Going: Handling Fame & You’re Doing Amazing, Sweetie – Here, Jenner reflects on how fame impacts both her career and personal life.
- How’s It Going: Handling Fame & You’re Doing Amazing, Sweetie – This lesson is very much just a continuation of the lesson above.
How I Found The Course
I must say that I did quite enjoy this course, and I certainly learned a few new things from it. There were definitely positives to come from it and those were:
Learning From Success
It is unarguable that Kris is a very successful business woman and she certainly knows a thing or two about personal branding. In this class, you will gain some insider knowledge and you’ll learn the tricks of the trade.
You are walked through Kris’ rise to success and you can learn a lot from her main strategies and business moves.
Anecdotal Style & Case Studies
There is a very anecdotal teaching style which I think worked really well. The use of case studies helps show evidence and examples of the advice that she is giving.
Tips & Tricks
Some of the tips and tricks that you’ll learn through this course could be invaluable to a beginner influencer. You’ll get routine examples, and how to master the all-important Insta-post.
That being said, there is still much that could have been improved with this course. We’ll take a look now.
Sometimes the advice is pretty general or vague. A lot of the lessons aren’t all that applicable or relatable to the real world. Things like, ‘find your passion’ or ‘follow your instincts’ isn’t really actionable advice. Sometimes you can be left thinking ‘okay, so how do I do that?’
Sometimes it’s pretty hard to relate to the advice you’re being given. And it seems somewhat inapplicable to the viewer considering the money and fame that helped boost the Jenners and Kardashians’ careers.
Obviously, Kris worked hard to get where she is, but she had a foundation to build upon that many viewers do not.
There is definitely something to be learned from the Kris Jenner course. Do I think that it’ll make you as successful as the famous family…probably not? But it could massively help you boost your social media presence.
Overall, I probably wouldn’t spend the amount of the subscription for Masterclass for this one class alone. But considering you have access to many other courses, a Masterclass subscription is still worthwhile.
And if you already have access, then it’s definitely worth checking it out. It isn’t a wasted two hours.
And of course, if you’re a true lover of all things Jenner and Kardashian, it’s worth a watch if not only to find out a little more about the mind of your favorite ‘Momager.’