When you create new content you’re excited to tell your members about it so they can take the next step on their educational journey!
It would be up to you as an admin to create an email campaign and include the content and pages you want to advertise manually, and if you have a lot of member plan tiers then this becomes more complex.
You will need to send different email campaigns to members according to what kind of access they have to your content and pages.
But with Memberspace’s ‘New Pages Available’ Member Email can automate entire processes so much easier! In this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know and how to send emails to members on member space.
Why Might Members Not Get Notified Of New Content?
Below, you’ll find the steps to troubleshoot any reason why your members are not getting notified of new content.
- Tip 1: Check if a member area has chosen to not receive these emails. Each time an email is sent, a member will find a link at the end of the email giving them the option to opt out.
You can check if members have chosen to not receive emails in Memberspace > Members > find the member > view member details. If members have opted out of notifications, then the link will say ‘Enable new page notifications.’
You can click this for the member to receive any ‘New Pages Available’ emails you send in the future.
- Tip 2: Ask your members to check their junk or spam folder in case the email has wound up there. If the email is in these folders, ask them to mark the email as Not Spam so this doesn’t happen again.
- Tip 3: Members tend to receive one email a day at around 9 am. If you have posted new Member Pages since 9:01 am the day before, then they will not receive an email.
So you need to ensure 9 am has already passed in a member’s time zone in relation to yours.
Can You Create Email Campaigns On Memberspace?
Member Emails are emails Memberspace sends to your members when they do particular actions on their account.
For example, members will receive an email if there is an issue with their payment, or if they need to change their passwords. You can edit any of these emails or disable them.
However, you shouldn’t edit or remove any variables in the emails as this might lead to errors in the email.
Memberspace can be integrated with Mailchimp and other email platforms such as Zapier to create marketing campaigns. Zapier lets you send members’ data to a third-party tool to create a marketing campaign.
How To Add Members Automatically To An Email List With Zapier?
If you use an email marketing platform such as Mailchimp to let your members know about new services and updates via a monthly newsletter, then you may be interested in a way to add new members to a Mailchimp list so you can send them your newsletter.
Zapier is an amazing tool that lets you send your member’s data to more than 1,000 third-party services and additional resources like Google Sheets, Mailchimp, Salesforce, and Trello.
So let’s take a look at what Memberspace’s integration with Zapier lets you do.
- Step 1: Head to your Zapier dashboard > Create Zap > Search for Memberspace.
- Step 2: Select ‘New Membership’ > Continue > connect your Memberspace account > select your website > Allow Access > Continue.
- Step 3: Select the Member Plans you want to apply this Zap to, and click ‘Continue.’
- Step 4: Click ‘Test trigger’ to try out the connection to Zapier. Once the test run is finished, click ‘Continue’
- Step 5: Search for Mailchimp > Action Event > Add/Update Subscriber > Continue.
- Step 6: Add your Mailchimp account > Continue.
- Step 7: Complete the two required fields at the top. There are also optional fields you can fill in, such as Tags or Groups, but you can also leave these blank. If there are any other fields that are required for your Mailchimp audience (like First Name), then these will need to be completed too. You can use other updated member profile information to > Continue.
- Step 8: Click Test & Continue to join, so you can run a test on what you’ve set up. This will add a member to your mailing list. However, you can avoid this by clicking ‘Skip Test.’
- Step 9: If you’re ready for the whole workflow to begin running automatically, turn your Zap on.
And there you have it! When you get a new member, Zap will now automatically add them to your email list.
Where Can You Find Your Member Emails?
Viewing the full list of Member Emails that get sent to your members is easy. You just go to Memberspace, then Customize, and then Member Emails.
To edit the sender name, address, or Reply-To Address, click ‘Change’ at the top of the page.
Which Emails Should You Edit?
The emails that mainly get edited by Memberspace customers are the ‘Successful Charge Receipt Email’ and the ‘Welcome Email’.
Members receive the latter email when they’ve joined a Member Plan, to confirm they have successfully joined the online courses. You can also add a separate Welcome Email for every Member Plan.
Meanwhile, the ‘Successful Charge Receipt’ email gets sent every time a member makes a payment.
You can add extra wording about topics such as help pages, support, and webinars to give your members more value for money, and ensure they stick around and don’t cancel their plans.
How Do You Edit Emails On Memberspace?
Emails can be easily edited just by clicking on them, and you can then edit the body of the email and its subject.
Still, Memberspace often has variables within these emails which will dynamically output according to the account details of members.
You can copy or move these variables to other sections of the email, but as we previously mentioned, it’s not recommended to edit or remove them in any way.
You can also send yourself a test email so you can see for yourself how any changes you’ve made to your emails look before you go ahead and save them.
We hope our article has shown you not just how to send emails to members on Memberspace but how to customize and create email campaigns using Mailchimp and Zapier too!
We also hope you find the troubleshooting tips for why a member may not be receiving an email useful.
Sending customized emails to your members is crucial when running an online course, as you need to let them know when new classes are available, or any other updates!
But you also want to make sure you’re sending the correct and relevant information to certain members, and Memberspace can certainly help with that too.
So to make sure your students are on the right track and that they never miss an important update, create your own custom email campaign with Memberspace today!