Offering courses in fields such as data science, machine learning, and programming, DataCamp is a popular online learning platform used worldwide. Upon completion of a course or track on DataCamp, learners can earn a certificate as a DataCamp statement of accomplishment that verifies their newly acquired skills.
Of course, after you have put in all the hard work, you’ll want others to know, especially potential employers.
One way of showcasing your skills is to share your newly acquired certificate on LinkedIn so potential clients, employers, and colleagues can see it.
LinkedIn itself is an important networking platform allowing individuals to connect with others within their industry and demonstrate their skills and accomplishments.
Adding your DataCamp certificate to your LinkedIn profile can increase your visibility to recruiters, hiring managers, and other professionals in your field.
By sharing your certificate on LinkedIn, you can illustrate your commitment to learning and your proficiency in data science and other important related fields.
In our guide today, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to add DataCamp certificate to LinkedIn.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced professional, this guide will help you highlight your DataCamp accomplishments and improve your professional presence on the LinkedIn platform.
DataCamp is an online learning platform that teaches people all over the world about data science, programming, and machine learning.
It does this by offering interactive courses and tutorials for individuals interested in these fields.
Founded in 2013, the platform has grown to become a popular resource for professionals and students seeking to acquire new skills or enhance existing ones in the data science field.
DataCamp’s courses and tutorials are designed to suit everyone with hands-on and interactive ways of learning. (Check out ‘How To Get The Best Out Of Datacamp: 10 Tips.’)
This allows learners to code and practice real-world data analysis tasks in a browser-based learning environment.
Courses are available in various popular programming languages such as Python, R, SQL, and more.
Additionally, learners can choose from a variety of learning tracks and DataCamp skill levels, from beginner to advanced, to customize their learning experience.
One of the unique features of DataCamp is its focus on teaching practical skills and data manipulation.
Rather than only teaching theory or concepts, DataCamp’s courses and tutorials are centered around solving real-world issues through the use of data. (See also ‘How Long Does Datacamp Take To Complete?‘)
As we all know, technologies and trends in the data science field are constantly changing.
Therefore, DataCamp’s content is regularly updated to reflect these regular updates, making it a great resource for professionals seeking to stay up-to-date with the latest industry developments and learn from industry experts.
Why Add Your DataCamp Certificate To Your LinkedIn Page?
Once you have completed an individual course on DataCamp, you should show the world your new qualification and specify DataCamp as the certification authority. This showcases your knowledge and additional skills so you can stand out from potential employers.
Overall, adding a DataCamp certificate to your LinkedIn page can be beneficial in several ways, as seen below:
- Increases visibility – When you add your DataCamp certificate to your LinkedIn page, you can increase your visibility to potential employers, recruiters, and other professionals within your chosen field. Your certificate can serve as a quick and easy way for others to understand your skills and qualifications.
- Demonstrates your expertise in data science – Employers are always on the lookout for candidates with specific skills and expertise. Unfortunately, many skilled people do not update their LinkedIn profiles so go under the radar. By adding your DataCamp certificate to your LinkedIn page, you can showcase your knowledge and proficiency in data science and related fields. This can help you stand out from other candidates and increase your chances of landing a job or advancing in your career.
- Continues your professional development – Adding your DataCamp certificate to your LinkedIn page can also demonstrate your commitment to continuing your own personal and professional development. Employers appreciate candidates who take the initiative to learn and improve their skills. Your certificate can serve as evidence of your dedication to your field.
- Provides access to DataCamp’s community – DataCamp’s online learning platform has a large community of learners and professionals in the data science field. By adding your certificate to your LinkedIn page, you can connect with others on LinkedIn who have completed courses or tracks that you have also completed. In turn, this helps to expand your professional network, potentially opening up new opportunities for collaboration or job offers.
Adding your DataCamp certificate to your LinkedIn page can help you build a stronger professional profile and increase your visibility to potential employers and colleagues.
The more certifications you have on LinkedIn, the higher chance you have of finding employment in a particular industry or field.
Share Your DataCamp Certificate On LinkedIn – Step-By-Step Guide
LinkedIn allows users to upload various certifications they have achieved so potential employers can see their skills and expertise.
Thankfully, it is quite simple to add most of these certifications, including a DataCamp certificate.
Once you have achieved your certificate and received it, you can go ahead and share it via a post or under the Licenses & Certifications section.
Here’s how to add your DataCamp certificate to your LinkedIn page:
- Navigate to LinkedIn and log in to your LinkedIn account and navigate to your profile page.
- Go to your profile page by clicking “Me” in the top right of the screen and search for “Licenses & Certifications.” This is typically below the “Experiences” bar. Now, click on the “+” icon.
- Input the name of the certificate (i.e. DataCamp Certificate).
- Also, enter the issuing organization, the date you received it, and the certificate’s expiration date (usually one or two years).
- Next, enter the Credential ID. This is the last section of your certificate’s URL and should be in the form of a long string of digits and letters.
- Copy and paste your DataCamp professional certificate URL into LinkedIn’s Credential URL field.
- Click Save and your certificate should be uploaded!
Once you have uploaded your completion certificates, be sure to share them on your social media channels and as a LinkedIn post sporadically.
This will remind prospective employers of your expertise in a certain field. Market yourself properly and you could reap the benefits before you know it.
Other Certificates You Can Add To LinkedIn
LinkedIn allows you to add a wide range of certifications to your profile to help showcase your talents, knowledge, and skill. Some of the certifications you can add to your LinkedIn profile include:
- Professional Certifications – This includes certifications that you have earned from industry organizations or institutions such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Project Management Professional (PMP), etc.
- Educational Certifications – You can add formal education certifications such as a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, Ph.D., or any other professional degree that you have earned.
- Technical Certifications – You can add technical certifications that you have earned related to specific software, hardware, or programming languages such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), or Oracle Certified Professional (OCP).
- Industry-specific Certifications – This includes certifications that are specific to certain industries such as healthcare, finance, law, or real estate.
- Language Certifications – You can add certifications for proficiency in a language such as the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Adding your DataCamp certificate to LinkedIn is one of the best ways to highlight your skills in the data field. Do it today to give you the best chance of standing out to employers.