We all want to be better communicators. We all want to step into other people’s minds, whether our boss, co-worker, or friend, and understand them better, as this enhances how we connect.
If you’ve seen the buzz around Daniel Pink’s MasterClass, you’ll know that although it’s touted as a science-backed business course, it’s valuable for everyone, even if you’re not in business.
What’s the Daniel Pink MasterClass about? In this online course, bestselling author Daniel Pink teaches how to become better at sales and self-motivation and backs up his strategies with a scientific approach.
But, this is just the tip of the iceberg. This Daniel Pink MasterClass review breaks down what this course offers and if it’s worth it. We also explain why you shouldn’t assume this course is reserved just for entrepreneurs and salespeople. Let’s take a look!
Who Is Daniel Pink?
Daniel Pink is an American author who tackles motivation-related topics, focusing on scientific and business elements. His creative take on motivation inspires readers to look at salesmanship in new ways so that it can be empowering.
Pink has appeared on TV and radio networks worldwide, such as CNN and ABC. He’s also a contributing editor to publications such as Wired and The Sunday Telegraph.
Five of Pink’s books have become New York Times bestsellers. Some of his books include The Power of Regret: How Looking Backward Moves Us Forward, To Sell Is Human, and Drive.
Before becoming a renowned author, Pink worked in government and politics. He served as a chief speechwriter to former U.S. Vice President Al Gore from 1995 to 1997.
Overview of the Class
The Daniel Pink Teaches Sales and Persuasion MasterClass is focused on a scientific approach to motivating yourself and selling and persuading others.
The course contains 16 video lessons and provides two hours and 57 minutes of viewing.
Although Pink looks at sales trends and how to persuade people effectively by understanding their perspectives and how to get a raise at work, don’t be fooled into thinking that this MasterClass is solely focused on business.
Pink provides tips on essentials that will benefit your life in various ways, such as:
- Strategic communication.
- Persuasion via finding common ground with others.
- Mimicking others to build connections.
- Dealing with rejection.
- Persuading and motivating yourself.
Daniel Pink MasterClass Lesson Plan
Here’s a rundown of the 16 lessons included in this MasterClass and what Pink will teach you in each of them.
- Meet Your Instructor. Daniel Pink explains what you’ll gain from these video lessons.
- Sales Trends. Learn essential developments in how sales have changed over the years.
- Attunement: Finding Common Ground. Learn how to understand someone’s perspective and how this makes it easier to persuade them effectively.
- Serve Your Audience. Pink teaches you how to make persuasive encounters more personal and filled with purpose.
- Exercise: Creating a Discussion Map. Pink shares tips for finding the best point of influence in group dynamics.
- Clarity: Making Your Message Count: Pink shows you how strategic communication can make the difference between success and failure.
- Getting Others To Act. How to make someone think that what you want them to do is their idea. In this lesson, Pink also teaches how to persuade people by having common ground with them instead of coercion.
- Creating a Connection By Mimicking. Mimicry can help you connect with others.
- Persuasive Framing. How to take advantage of glitches in the human mind so you can create powerful, compelling messages.
- Pitching Like a Pro. Pink explains why the elevator pitch is outdated and provides new, more effective pitches.
- Exercise: Asking For a Raise. In this real-time demonstration, Pink teaches how to manage subordinates and get a raise.
- Buoyancy: Develop a Resilient Mindset. Pink shares tips on how to stay positive when facing rejection.
- Introvert, Extrovert, or Ambivert. Pink explains why extroverts aren’t the most effective salespeople.
- Persuade Yourself: How To Self-Motivate. Pink provides tips on how to persuade yourself.
- Using Timing To Become a Better Persuader: While much attention is paid to how to get lots of things done, Pink explains that timing is essential.
- Beginnings, Middles, and Endings. Pink explains how our behavior changes in different work stages. Understanding this can help us to enhance our performance.
Notable Quotes From the MasterClass:
- “There is an inverse relationship between feelings of power and perspective-taking. The more power you feel in general, the worse your perspective-taking becomes”.
- “Ultimately, what we do as persuaders and sellers is we serve other people. We want to help move them to a better place”.
- “Waiters and waitresses who repeated the order back word for word earned 70% more tips. Mimic people’s language and you’ll see a difference”.
Pros and Cons
Now that we’ve looked at what you can gain from this MasterClass, let’s explore its pros and cons.
- Pink provides practical exercises that you can apply to your life. An example is his trick for finding the best point of influence in group settings.
- Pink provides exciting information. For example, he explains different personality types and looks at which one makes the best salesperson.
- If you work in sales and business, you’ll find value in Pink’s tricks, such as knowing when and how to pitch effectively.
- The video lessons are easy to work through. This is partly because Pink is an excellent speaker who brings passion to his words.
- The strategies mentioned in this MasterClass are backed by science.
- This course offers access to The Hub, which is what you’ll gain from all classes. It’s a great source of information if you want to increase your understanding of the concepts in this business course.
- Pink’s MasterClass might feel too short.
- Although you receive a workbook with this course, it’s only 14 pages long.
- Some lessons that tackle interesting topics are concise. For example, the lesson on self-motivation is only five minutes in length.
Who Is This Class For?
Many people will benefit from taking Daniel Pinks’ MasterClass, such as:
- Fans of Daniel Pink who have read and enjoyed his books.
- People who want to become better salespeople.
- People who want to become more persuasive communicators.
- Entrepreneurs who want to be better leaders or raise funds.
- Parents who want to encourage, persuade, or inspire their children.
- People who love learning the science behind the human mind.
How Much Does the Class Cost?
If you want to purchase the Daniel Pink MasterClass, you’ll have to purchase a subscription to MasterClass, which costs $180 per year.
Other payment options are available, depending on the plan you wish to have. You can find out more by reading “MasterClass Pricing“.
A subscription to this online learning platform will give you access to more than 150 courses in 11 different categories, including wellness, science & tech, business, and music.
You’ll be able to gain wisdom and practical advice from various well-known and influential people in their industries, such as Daniel Pink.
Once you’ve worked through his course, you will have other business and science courses to explore. To find out more, read our guide, “Best MasterClass Courses”.
You should also check out “MasterClass Review” to find out if a subscription to this online learning platform is really worth it.
You can’t go wrong by taking the Daniel Pink MasterClass as it applies to everyday life and the boardroom. What are some users’ experiences of this course? After searching for what people had to say across the Internet, here’s a summary of what we found:
- The Daniel Pink MasterClass course is considered concise and practical. After working through the content, you’ll have tips and strategies you can use immediately.
- The exercises included in the course help you to practice what you’ve learned.
- Daniel Pink is an energetic and engaging instructor who will keep your attention throughout the course.
- The language used in the course is accessible. For example, Pink rephrases concepts, which helps you to remember and understand them.
- If you’re already familiar with business and marketing concepts, you might feel that you don’t get much value from this course.
If you’re a business owner or want to improve your persuasion skills, you might want to check out Daniel Pink’s MasterClass.
In this review, we’ve featured a quick rundown of all there’s to know about this course, including pros, cons, price, expectations, and more. We hope we’ve helped you decide whether it’s the right course for you.