Wanting to further your knowledge is never a bad thing. Online classes just make it that much easier!
From learning how to manage your business to psychology, the bounds of your education are limitless. And completed from the comfort of your own home.
In this article, we will cover what is Coursera plus, how it works, and how you can use it to better your resume for future job applications.
With a simple subscription fee, you could have access to thousands of classes on a range of topics that help develop your skills and knowledge.
So, if you are interested in learning something new or need a refresh on a topic you already know then keep reading to find out more about Coursera Plus.
What Is Coursera Plus?
Coursera Plus is the upgraded subscription learning platform from Coursera. You gain access to thousands of courses across multiple fields from Ivy League universities and partners.
With so many options, paying for each course separately might result in a significant overall expense for taking them all.
Coursera Plus gives you unlimited access to over 7,000 courses with one subscription. You also have the opportunity to study Specializations and gain professional certificates all the while saving your hard-earned cash.
You can study and earn as many certifications as you’d like with this subscription meaning that you can really get your teeth into a subject without worrying about your subscription canceling your classes.
Now, you may not gain access to all of the courses provided by Coursera, however, with Coursera Plus, you are entitled to access 90% of their catalog.
Not to mention each certificate you earn can be attached to your LinkedIn resume. This will make you more describe when looking for employment and showcase your ability to take the initiative with your education.
Is There A Free Trial For Coursera Plus?
Yes, you can use Coursera Plus for 7 days without paying for a subscription before deciding on a monthly plan, and if you choose the annual option, you’ll get a 14-day money-back guarantee.
In any case, you have plenty of time to evaluate the service and decide whether you think it is worthwhile.
As the free trial is only 7 days long, it would be best to sign up when you are less busy. This will give you the time to try out different classes and really determine if the platform offers what you need.
In the event that you do not wish to continue your subscription with Courser Plus, you can cancel your free trial or subscription at any time.
Popular Coursera Plus Courses
Again, you have access to over 7,000 courses on Coursera Plus. This means you can learn about pretty much anything on the platform.
This includes subjects such as Programming, Social Media Marketing, Bookkeeping (see also ‘Is A Bookkeeping Certificate Worth It?‘), Teaching, and Web Design.
Popular courses offered are:
- Google Project Management. Interested in entering the field of project management? Google Project Management gives you the skills and knowledge that you need to be successful in an entry-level project management position.
- Meta Social Media Marketing. This course will gain you a Professional Certification. You will learn how to create ad campaigns, grow your social media presence, write attractive social media posts, and help you build the skills to be successful in the world of social media marketing.
- Excel Skills For Business From Macquire University. Learn from industry-leading professionals who teach at Macquire University. This course will help you master the ever-confusing world of Excel as it quickly becomes one of the most desired skills in the workforce market.
- Python For Everybody from the University of Michigan. If you are interested in learning how to code then this introductory course is perfect. This specialization will help build a foundation for Python and you will even learn to write your own programs.
- Google UX Design. You may enter this expanding field by learning the fundamentals of UX design and developing your own portfolio with the assistance of our series of courses.
- Machine Learning from the University of Washington. Discover the most recent machine learning methods, then begin using them in practical settings.
How To Find The Right Course For You
Interested in starting your online learning journey with Coursera Plus? We have put together these helpful tips to help you find the right course for you.
1. Utilize The Filter Feature
When you know what general topic you want to study, scrolling through pages and pages of other courses can be off-putting. Use the filter feature to select your preferred topic.
From there you can begin to search for specific elements such as the job title, language, study level, etc. You can streamline your options and find a course suited to your needs.
2. Research The Course
Before signing up for a course you are unsure about, do some research. Read the course description to find out if the topics discussed will help you meet your goals.
You can also check out the syllabus of the course for more in-depth information about the contents of the course.
You can also discover the materials used for teaching and if they suit your learning style.
Reviews are left by previous students and give helpful advice on whether the course is suitable for your learning level and style.
Is Coursera Plus Worth It?
Whether this online learning platform is worth it is a personal judgment. However, we believe it is!
For $59 a month of $399 annually, you have access to over 7,000 courses. All of these can be displayed on your LinkedIn resume to help you be more desirable to employers.
With courses provided by Ivy League Universities and partners, each course is expertly devised.
Whether you are interested in UX Design, Business Management, or Social Media Management, there is a plethora of courses for you to choose from.
The free trial allows you to really delve into the services provided by Coursera Plus (see also our guide to Coursera’s financial aid) and determine whether it is right for you without making any big commitments.