Udemy is one of the many online learning sites available to curious and knowledge-hungry individuals. It is a huge website, with well over 200,000 multiple courses in a wide array of topics.
It is the home to well over 130,000 different courses, and they are available in over 60 languages. This makes the Udemy app probably one of the most globally inclusive online learning options. It has courses in so many things, here are just a few examples to demonstrate the variety just like college courses:
- AWS training.
- Azure courses.
- Digital Marketing.
- Excel courses.
- Time management.
- Video editing.
- Voice-over training.
While most Udemy courses are creative, some are more mundane, and others are ideal for working on your career development. Udemy has a very wide variety of courses Udemy offer for free as well, with over 600 that are free courses.
These free courses will oftentimes have less than 2 hours of video content as it is just considered as a sample, and lets you test to see if you want to find out more. How much this whole Udemy deals program costs will vary a great deal.
When you buy a Udemy course, you will gain access to all of its course content, and the ability to engage with and talk to other students and also the course’s instructor as well. You do gain a certificate to say you completed it as well.
There are plenty of affordable prices for Udemy considering the value. Some of their favorite categories include IT & software, design, marketing, and development.
When you buy a course on Udemy, it will also have slides, lectures, as well as videos, and other resources which the instructor may feel would be able to enhance the learning experience of the student.
You can also access Udemy on different devices, and they even have an app! Now that we know what Udemy is, and why it is so popular, let us take a look at the Udemy Pricing, as the price usually dictates purchase for a lot of us!
What Will Udemy Cost You?
Straight to the point, what will it cost you? Well, with Udemy, you pay per course, and each course can cost you anywhere from $11.00 to $199.99. There are also personal and pro subscription options that can give you total access to a range of courses, but not all.
Udemy offers will cost you anywhere from $20 to $30 per month, but the actual price depends on the specifics of the plan you choose. Udemy will also have many mass savings opportunities throughout the year, this can include Cyber Monday sales, Black Friday sales as well as more.
However, you will also find that many creators of the courses also tend to run their own sales on their courses at random over the course of the year.
Using Udemy For Business
If you are considering getting Udemy for your business, you can. It will offer different learning insights and admin access as well. You will find Udemy to be extremely user-friendly, with so many courses, over 6,000 of which are carefully curated for business needs.
Udemy for business is also a very awesome tool that can help to transform whole workforces. You can get your team all on the same page, help them to learn industry-specific skills, fine-tune their current skills, and even more.
There are different plans available for Udemy for business as well.
- Udemy Business Enterprise Plan: This plan is the best option for organizations that have staff counts of 21 people or more. Feel free to contact Udemy themselves for pricing on this as it can range.
- Udemy Business Team Plan: This plan is ideal for businesses or teams of between 5 and 20 users. This plan will cost you around $360 per user per annum.
- Udemy Business Leadership Development Programs: Should you wish to partake in this type of plan, you should contact Udemy’s sales team to find out more, including the price of this plan.
What Are The Features Of Udemy?
So, what makes Udemy great? Well, there are some features that stand out and do put Udemy up against its competition. These features include:
- High-quality videos.
- Personal control over the speed of the playback.
- Plenty of resources are available to download.
- Easy learning at any time via downloadable content.
- Q&A board.
- The online learning platform is easily navigated.
- You can clearly search via the labeled search bar.
- Featured courses are clearly labeled.
- There are a wide variety of popular topics which are related to the course of purchase to continue learning.
- You can preview a course,
- Opportunity to ‘pay as you go’.
- You can access the paid course material for life (as long as you pay).
- Learn at your own pace.
- Content is frequently updated so stays relevant to current trends.
Who Is Best Suited To Using Udemy?
Udemy is a fantastic place to learn online, it is suited to people who want to learn and grow new skills. It is also ideal for those who are on a budget as its model is actually more ‘pay-as-you-go’.
As well as this, Udemy works well for businesses too, they have a very wide array of free and paid courses as well. They can easily help to transform your team completely as well as build new skills within your company.
How Does Udemy Fare When Compared To Other Similar Platforms?
When you are looking for classes that can benefit you, you will probably be seeking to see if it is really the best deal you can scoop up. You want to look at how it compares to other similar platforms.
Udemy’s biggest competition would be Skillshare, LinkedIn Learning, and Coursera. Take a look at some of the costs of other course-specific platforms:
- Udacity: Offers online courses which are also sold individually, these will usually cost you around $399 per month for a 4-month-long course.
- LinkedIn Learning: LinkedIn Learning offers courses for $39.99 per month, or you can pay $240 for a full year’s membership. These are best for employers/ employees.
- Masterclass: For
Masterclassyou could pay $96 to $279 per annum, no monthly plans are available with Masterclass.
- Skillshare: You can buy two types of plans with Skillshare. Their monthly plan costs $32, or their yearly plan costs $165 a year, which works out as around $13.75 per month, which is significantly cheaper!
If you get the Udemy Personal Plan then it is pretty much the same as the services listed above, however, do note that this plan does not cover every single class on the platform. You would also need to consider the costs of buying courses individually should you need to.
Is Udemy Worth It Or Not?
In our point of view, Udemy is worth it. However, it does depend on you personally. They have a massive array of courses with good instructors who keep courses in keeping with current trends. Udemy does not expire either which is yet another great thing about them.
You gain full lifetime access to the courses when you pay, which includes any updates. While Udemy does not live up to the standards of all online course platforms, the longevity of access and updates does make it unique and sought after.
We hope that this Udemy review about pricing will help to decide whether you should buy the Udemy account or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Types Of Payment Does Udemy Take?
Udemy will accept forms of payment including PayPal, Visa, and Mastercard.
Does Udemy Have A Free Trial?
Udemy offers free trials for the personal subscription and the pro subscription plan. You can also get a 30-day money-back guarantee as well, which is easy to get. You may also find some free Udemy courses which are free as well.