Have you recently signed up for a Skillshare course? Designed to help offer individuals around the world the ability to further their learning across a variety of topics in real-time. (Check out ‘What Is Skillshare?‘)
Skillshare is one of the most popular learning platforms available.
However, despite the fact that Skillshare offers so many benefits, errors can sometimes occur, including Skillshare videos not playing or a blank screen.
What happens if your skillshare video isn’t playing correctly? How can you fix the video error to continue your learning? This is what we are here to help uncover.
So, if you want to be able to use your skillshare to help expand your learning and unleash your creativity but you are finding that your videos just aren’t loading for some reason.
Rest assured that you have come to the right place. In this guide today, we are going to be talking you through some of the reasons why your skillshare videos might not be working.
Along the way, we are also going to be showing you what to do to help with troubleshooting the problem.
So, without further ado, just keep reading to learn why your skillshare videos might not be loading, as well as how to fix the problem!
Why Aren’t My Skillshare Videos Playing?
As we’ve already mentioned, Skillshare videos not playing properly (or even loading, at all) can be an extremely frustrating situation to have to go through, especially given the fact that Skillshare is a paid learning platform.
Despite the fact that Skillshare videos not playing or loading can be very frustrating and disruptive, the good news is that there is often a simple, underlying cause that can easily be fixed.
Below, let’s take a closer look at some of the main things that you can do today in order to troubleshoot the problem and get your Skillshare videos back up and running:
Troubleshoot Your Browser
The first thing that you can do to help get your Skillshare videos back and running smoothly again is to troubleshoot your browser, more often than not.
The problem often lies here. In order to do this correctly, make sure that you are following the steps that we have outlined below:
- Clear the cache: More often than not, the browser cache can sometimes slow down a browser, and this can lead to issues such as videos being unable to load. That being said, the first thing that you should do is take the time to clear the cache and cookies in your browser, as this will help to speed up the browser and enhance its performance.
- Disable the firewall and any browser extensions: If you find that clearing the cache doesn’t do the trick, then you should also make sure that you have disabled the firewall and any browser extensions that your browser might have. Sometimes, these can prevent Skillshare videos from running and loading correctly.
- Sign out of Skillshare: Another simple yet effective way to troubleshoot your browser is to simply sign out of your Skillshare account and then sign back in again and click ‘play previous video’. Sometimes, this can help to “reset” the Skillshare platform and allow you to begin playing your Skillshare videos as normal once again.
- Sign in from a different browser: If you are still finding that your Skillshare videos are not loading smoothly, another way that you can help to troubleshoot the issue is by considering signing into your Skillshare account via a different browser to avoid the problematic page.
Check Your Internet Connection
If you find that your browser doesn’t seem to be the culprit in this instance, the next thing that you should do is make sure that you have checked your internet connection.
This is another reason why your Skillshare videos might not be loading up correctly for you, as a lack of internet connection will prevent Skillshare videos from being able to load.
If you feel that this might be the case, then you will need to follow the necessary steps to reconnect your device to the internet and check your internet speed.
After you have done this, you should find that you are able to then go ahead and begin streaming your Skillshare videos as normal once again.
While the steps for reconnecting to the internet can vary from device to device, you can often access the internet via the general settings.
In some cases, you might need to consider restarting your Internet router to reboot the WiFi connection.
Contact Skillshare Directly
More often than not, you should find that you are able to easily fix the issue and get your videos up and running as normal by following the steps that we have provided you above.
However, if you are unable to get your Skillshare videos loading and running as normal, then there might be an underlying technical issue that Skillshare will need to address and fix directly.
In this instance, we recommend that you reach out to Skillshare directly, as they will be able to take a look at the issue and assist you further. (See ‘How To Cancel Skillshare?‘)
If you need to reach out to Skillshare for further help on why your Skillshare videos aren’t loading properly for you, then the best way to do this is by contacting them directly via this form here.
To ensure that they are able to help you as best that they can, Skillshare requests that you include the following information when contacting them:
- What browser you are using
- The link to the class
- A screenshot of the error
- A screenshot of your console for the video that isn’t loading correctly
The Bottom Line
There we have it” You’ve made it to the end of our guide.
Now that you have taken the time to read through all of the above, we hope that we have been able to help you learn a little more about why Skillshare videos don’t always load, as well as how to troubleshoot the issue and watch the next video.
Thank you for reading, and good luck!