There are so many online learning platforms on the market now, it can be difficult to pick the right one for you. From Khan Academy to Simplilearn, each one offers something different.
If you’ve been thinking about using Simplilearn to further your knowledge, read this article before moving forward.
We’re going to cover everything you need to know about this online learning platform so that you make the right decision. Here, we will cover what Simplilearn is, what courses they offer, their prices, and much more.
So, if you’re interested in learning about Simplilearn, keep reading.
- Simplilearn Review
- Simplilearn Pros And Cons
- How Do Others Feel About Simplilearn?
- Should You Use Simplilearn?
- Finding The Best Simplilearn Course For You
- Final Thoughts
Overview Of Simplilearn
Simplilearn was established by Krishna Kumar in 2009 in Bengaluru, India. Now, there are offices for this online learning platform in Bangalore, India, and also San Francisco, California.
Simplilearn is an official certification provider, and has partnered up with more than 40 accrediting bodies such as PMI and IASSC in order to help students get their certificates. Some of these companies include Microsoft, IBM, and AWS.
Courses that are offered by Simplilearn are not free, and vary greatly in price. However, the platform benefits from having a number of live lectures, and has three learning plans to choose from.
Are Courses Recognized And Accredited?
Certifications offered by Simplilearn are widely recognized by organizations around the world.
As such, employers will recognize the completion of a course, as the curriculums are developed by some of the best experts in the fields.
However, these courses cannot be used as credit for continuing college or any kind of graduate education.
Despite this, Simplilearn courses are likely to be well-worth the money because of how widely they are recognized.
Future employers can recognize the certificates you earn via this learning platform, making it a good investment.
You can also add the certificates to LinkedIn profiles to boost your chances of finding your next dream job.
How Does Simplilearn Work?
Simplilearn is simple to use. The platform is intuitive, making everything pretty easy and straightforward.
As soon as you have an account, you can begin to enrol yourself in the courses of your choice. You can opt to do these courses at your own pace, or you can pick live classes.
Courses typically last around a month, but some may be longer or shorter depending on the topic.
You might be asked to attend live lectures, but all students will need to watch videos, complete projects, exams, and quizzes to earn their certification.
To open an account with Simplilearn, you can follow the below steps:
- Go to Simplilearn.com
- Select “Log In”. This can be found in the top right-hand corner of the page
- Next, select “Sign Up”. This will appear on the page after locking the login option.
- Pick the option you prefer, and simply follow the rest of the directions. Singing up is free, but you will need to pay for the courses you wish to access.
The Cost Of Simplilearn
The courses offered as Simplilearn are not free like those at Khan Academy. Here, prices range from $600-$3,000, depending on the course and learning option you choose.
Some self-paced learning starts at around $569, while some online bootcamp starts at $749.
Again, these prices will be different depending on the course you want to do, and what options they have available.
Some courses are only self-paced, while others have online boot camps or even corporate training.
To find out the price of corporate training, you will need to get in touch with Simplilearn’s sale personally.
The courses are offered as one-time purchases. However, it is unclear if you will have access to that course indefinitely, or only a set amount of time.
Thankfully, there is a refund policy for those who find that the course they chose isn’t for them. There is a 7-day refund policy, but there are eligibility criteria to fulfil. These criteria are as follows:
- You must not have downloaded the e-book for the course
- You must not have accessed 25% or more of the contents of the course
- You must not have attended classes (online or live) for more than one day
If you are found to have done any of these three things, you will not be eligible for a refund.
As such, it’s crucial to not download the e-book or coursework within the first week. It’s important to take your time with these classes, so that you will be eligible for a refund if you find that the course doesn’t suit you.
Are There Any Free Courses?
The free option was only recently added to Simplilearn. Before that, there was no option to try things out before spending money on it.
This learning platform doesn’t offer any free courses directly. However, their SkillUp platform went live in May 2022, which offers a variety of free courses that are available to everyone.
There, learners have access to more than 1,000 hours of learning, which is split across around 300 courses that cover in-demand skills.
So, Simplilearn itself doesn’t offer any of its main courses for free, but they have taken steps to create some free courses on their other platform.
While this is a great step in the right direction, this means that hundreds of courses still aren’t accessible to most people.
At Simplilearn, there are numerous Masters and university programs. Programs include things like Full-Stack Developer and Data Scientist, and you get all the same benefits you would usually get if attending university.
These include things like career support, alumni status, and university certificates.
There are over 400 business and tech-related courses available on Simplilearn, and there are 13 primary categories.
These categories cover things like data science, cybersecurity, DevOps, cloud computing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and much more.
As you might notice, the courses offered at Simplilearn are all tech-based.
As such, you won’t see courses for things like history or any of the arts. Instead, there are categories such as IT Service and Architecture, Quality Management, Big Data, and Project Management.
The learning experience at Simplilearn is made up of lectures, reading, tests, quizzes, and exams. This might vary slightly from course to course, but this seems to be the general rule they follow.
Because of this, some learning may struggle with the platform. Everyone learns in different ways, and having such a rigid way of learning might not be beneficial for some groups of people.
Quizzes And Gamification
While there are quizzes available on Simplilearn, gamification is not a factor. The point of this online learning platform is education, primarily university-level education.
As such, there shouldn’t necessarily be a need for students to seek motivation like young learners would at places like Khan Academy.
Simplilearn Pros And Cons
Like all things, there are lots and good and bad points to cover. For Simplilearn, there are plenty of great benefits, but the cons listed are significant in some areas.
- Simplilearn has a mobile app for iOS and Android
- The courses are very high quality and are taught by experts
- Some free courses are offered through SkillUp, but they are not available on Simplilearn
- Platform provides blended learning and has a variety of approaches to learning
- Simplilearn has great customer support and a responsive team, who can be spoken to on live chat or via phone calls
- Three learning plans to choose from (self-paced, online bootcamp, and mixed)
- Courses are recognized by over 40 training organizations and most employers
- Some courses have live lectures, which isn’t common for online platforms
- You get certificates upon course completion and are recognized as an official certification from a training provider
- Simplilearn has a 7-day refund policy
- Courses can be downloaded for offline use
- Simplilearn has a 7-day free trial
- Community features allow uses to ask for and also give feedback and guidance from others
- There are no free courses unique to Simplilearn
- Courses are not affordable to everyone
- Fewer course options compared to other similar learning platforms
- Sales team is persistent, which can become annoying
- There are limited payment options
- Lessons are only available in English, and there are so subtitles or translations
- A number of course reviews have expressed dissatisfaction with course quality
- Simplilearn is not accessible for many people
- The learning platform only covers tech and business courses
How Do Others Feel About Simplilearn?
Like most online learning courses, there are a range of mixed reviews for Simplilearn.
The majority of reviews are between 3-5 stars, with many loving the courses, and others being dissatisfied. You can take a look at reviews posted on Trustpilot here.
Should You Use Simplilearn?
The answer to this depends on a whole host of things. Simplilearn is not accessible to everyone for a number of reasons.
Not only that, but this online learning platform also focuses on a very specific area in education – namely tech.
Many people will not be interested in the courses they have to offer. However, even those who are interested might not be able to enroll in the course they want.
The first reason for this is the price – with a starting price of around $600, many people can’t afford that.
The second big reason is because all the courses are only taught in English, and there are no subtitles or translations available. This means that if you don’t speak or understand English, you will struggle with this.
Not only that, but those with reduced hearing may not be able to get the full range of benefits from the courses because of how they are set up.
If you are interested in learning about tech and business courses, then it goes without saying that Simplilearn could be a great option for you.
There is a wide variety of courses within these categories that will be exceptionally useful in your career.
Finding The Best Simplilearn Course For You
Below are a few things you can do to help you fight the perfect force for you at Simplilearn.
Please bear in mind that the courses on this learning platform will not be suitable for everyone, as they don’t cover a wide range of topics like history or arts.
However, there are a number of excellent tech-based courses that are available for you to look into before spending money on it
- Check all information about a course – there will be plenty of information about the course available to aid you in your decision. Some lessons can also be previewed, and FAQs can help get any questions answered.
- Check the reviews for the course – the course reviews will reveal a lot about the course you’re thinking of getting, to make use of them.
- Sign up for the free trial – sign up for your free trial to test things out without having to pay anything. By the end of it, you should know if the course is the right one for you or not.
- Download the syllabus for the course – the syllabus will tell you what you need to know about the course, so read through it carefully so that you can learn about what to expect.
- Take a look at the course advisor – all courses will display who the instructor is. This will also have a bio attached to it outlining their experience in the field, and you can follow their social media links to learn more about the individuals.
Simplilearn is an online learning platform that focuses on business and tech courses at university and Masters levels.
There are a variety of courses available to those interested in these fields, and all courses are taught by experts. This ensures that the quality of the courses are high, and students can get the maximum benefit.
However, courses are only taught in English, and there are no subtitles to help non-English speakers. As such, those who are able to use and benefit from these courses may be limited.
Not only that, but the price of these courses typically starts at around $600 and can go up to $3,000 – which is simply not affordable for many people.