If you want to get into the great game of poker, then you should at least practice a bit to make sure that you don’t lose all of your money in your first game.
Poker is a pretty high-stakes game because of the large amounts of money being thrown about, so for beginners, it can be pretty intimidating to try and get into a game, especially if they’re not too sure about the rules.
Like with anything, you can learn how to play poker online. The issue is though that there are hundreds of different courses or lessons out there that claim to be the very best way to learn all of poker’s secrets.
But with so many options out there to choose from, how can you be sure that you’re getting the best?
That’s where Masterclass comes in! The masterClass is an online education platform that was established in 2014. Since its creation, Masterclass has grown into one of the largest online learning platforms on the web.
They offer hundreds of courses in a huge range of topics, everything from arts, science, and yes, even poker table talk, is covered here.
Today, we will show you the very best poker courses that Masterclass has to offer.
We will cover everything about the Masterclass poker perspective from a general overview to the cost, to how the course is taught so that you can make the right decisions about your poker masterclass education.
Let’s check the Daniel Negreanu masterclass review and without a doubt one of the most beneficial materials for understanding the principles of poker.
This course covers all you need to know to develop a great professional poker player if you are a novice, plus there is much unique information that Negreanu shares that intermediate players can also gain from.
Daniel Negreanu’s masterclass course is required reading if you are just getting started in playing poker and want to push your skills to the next level so you can compete at a higher level.
Serious poker players at the beginner to advanced level who are eager to improve their skills would benefit the most from this course. It’s also useful for players with previous experience who have professional aspirations.
Fans of Negreanu who are interested in gaining a deeper understanding of his strategy and approach to the game of poker are also the target audience for this.
You Will Learn
- Mathematical fundamentals of poker that can be used to extract the most value from any hand
- How to maximize your advantage by betting and raising.
- Acquiring Command of, and Acknowledgement of, the Bluff
- How to enhance your profits during cash games and tournaments by using different strategies.
- Poker psychology: concealing your tells and learning to read others’
- How Daniel Negreanu made poker his full-time job and what you can do to follow in his footsteps
The duration of the course is 7 hours and 40 minutes, and it consists of a total of 38 video lessons.
MasterClass had 3 subscription plans. This is how much it will set you back (per month):
- Individual (1 user) – $15
- Duo (2 users) – $20
- Family (6 users) – $23
These are billed annually. While expensive, if you sign up for as many classes as you can, you can make the cost of Daniel Negreanu masterclass worth it.
- Lessons that are laid out and include both theoretical content and practical challenges
- Teachers use examples from the real world to make the lessons more pertinent
- Film analysis of some of Negreanu’s most significant games is available only here.
- It incredible value for the money considering there are almost 8 hours of content
- Can be a tad scary for people who are just starting.
- Will not educate you on more advanced game theory.
Anyone even slightly familiar with poker has probably heard of Daniel Negreanu. He’s not only an expert in physical small-stakes poker games but has also mastered online play as well.
Poker aficionados tune in to his vlogs in the tens of thousands to watch him compete.
Negreanu has won almost every poker tournament and award that you could think of. The Poker World Series? He won 6 bracelets. What about the World Series of Poker?
He became player of the year, twice. On top of all this, 2014 Negreanu was inducted into the Poker Hall of Fame in 2014.
His reputation as the third-highest live event winner of all time is perhaps what jumps out the most, however, as he has won an astounding $42,000,000 throughout his career.
With all these achievements under his belt, Daniel Negreanu is the best person to teach you how to play poker.
The MasterClass with Daniel Negreanu is structured in the following way:
- 38 video lessons with a cumulative run time of 7 hours and 40 minutes (average video length is between 10 and 30 minutes)
- A 122-page workbook that provides an overview of the material covered in the course, as well as copies of the diagrams that can be seen in the accompanying videos and explanations of the concepts that are discussed.
Given the duration of this course, you probably already had a good idea that Negreanu’s MasterClass includes a significant amount of poker-related material.
The course’s nearly 8 hours of content include a wide variety of subjects, ranging from elementary mathematical concepts to strategies for winning competitions.
The structure of the course consists of having a few very technical lessons that cover all relevant theories and strategies, followed by a film study in which Negreanu narrates footage of professional games he’s taken part in and discusses what we can learn from them.
The course material is divided up into five broad categories: basic theory, betting, bluffing, tournament strategy, tells, and professional poker.
Within each of these categories, Negreanu has a few videos and work materials that describe each concept in more depth.
Should You Try It?
Yes, this is an exciting new poker course to try!
Brush up on your poker vocabulary and give this course a shot if you’re interested in taking a poker course that will either teach you the basics of the game, expose you to tournament and professional play, or if you are just a fan of Daniel Negreanu.
Among poker fans, there’s hot debate about who’s the best player, with Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey often benign the top two that people mention. And they both offer Masterclass courses, how lucky is that!
Experience this once-in-a-lifetime chance to gain knowledge from Ivey and hear his perspective on classic poker hands.
The content of the course has been selected with great care, and it focuses on educating you about what Ivey considers to be the most important parts of the game.
An emphasis is placed on the cerebral aspects of the game, such as learning to read your opponents. In comparison to other online poker schools, this one is a steal.
You Will Learn
- How to implement the tactics and techniques Ivey has utilized to become one of the best players in the world
- Pre-flop and post-flop play, how to better your chances of winning, and risk assessment
- The strategic use of essential core principles
- How to conceal the strength of your hand, and bluff convincingly,
- How to think like Phil Ivey.
- Learn how to manipulate your thoughts, improve your judgment, and think analytically.
- Rare and exclusive chance to get Phil Ivey’s instruction
- Significantly improves your game
- Not suitable for all players
- Doesn’t go in-depth on poker math
- Some sections are a bit thin
This course is made up of 12 films totaling 3 hours and 30 minutes.
This course is comprised of twelve videos. You will also receive the following:
- A 36-page companion manual to go along with the videos.
- Fundamentals of poker book that spans 14 pages and teaches you how to play the game.
Having the fundamental guidelines laid out in this guide makes it an excellent resource for anyone who needs and is into these before getting started.
Poker veterans can skip this and go straight to the first video, which covers more substantial topics, as it will save them time.
Ivey’s MasterClass is comprised of three parts:
- Strategy for Before and After the Flop
- Putting Yourself in Your Competitor’s Shoes
- Taking Your Game to the Next Level
The cost is the same as Daniel Negreanu’s course, with an individual subscription to Masterclass costing $15 a month.
Who Should Try It?
A player who is serious about developing their poker skills and who is interested in gaining knowledge from one of the greatest players in the history of the game.
Those looking for a math-heavy course or those who are utter novices should look elsewhere.
Is It Worth It?
This is a high-quality course, and Phil Ivey has never before produced anything that even comes near to be as detailed as what he has created here.
While not groundbreaking in terms of poker theory, if you realize that the value lies in Ivey meticulously curating a list of recognized tactics and delivering his unique spin on each one, then you will find that this course is enjoyable for you.
Try out these two Poker courses on Masterclass if you’re interested in massively improving your game. You may even make a lot of money by using your newly taught strategies!