One of the great things about the internet is online learning. We can now study from anywhere in the world right from the comfort of our very own homes.
You can study anything, whether it is business, math, science, engineering, or computing. The sky is the limit with online courses.
Udemy is an online academy that has thousands of courses for students who choose to enroll. Some of these courses are free, others you have to pay for.
They offer course materials such as downloaded videos, which is one of the most effective methods of teaching.
But what if you can’t get online to stream these videos? Unfortunately, Udemy does not make all of its course videos viewable online.
However, there are ways of getting your course videos off Udemy so that you can watch and share them at any time.
To download Udemy paid courses and to download Udemy videos easily, read all below to know how to download Udemy business videos offline on laptop.
How To Download Videos Directly From Udemy
There is a built-in download client that Udemy has built into their actual platform. If you click on the download icon in the bottom right-hand corner, you’ll see a list of options, one of which will be ‘download lecture video’.
This is one of the easiest ways to get your video onto your computer or tablet device. There are only certain videos that you will be able to download.
Most of the videos that you can download directly from Udemy are around 1080p resolution.
This is a step-by-step guide to how you can download your videos directly from the Udemy app for offline viewing:
- Visit the official Udemy website and log into your account. You should make sure that you have an account before you are able to download your entire course materials.
- Search through your course before you find the video that you want to download. You’ll need to make sure that you have enrolled in your course before you are able to download the entire video.
- When the video is playing, locate the setting tab in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. It will look like a gear or a cog. Click on this to open another menu. Find ‘download lecture’ and click on that.
- The file will be downloaded directly to your browser. Once it is finished, open your downloaded video file from your downloads folder. It should play using whatever Udemy video player you are using.
How To Record And Download Udemy Videos Using Third-Party Software
As we have mentioned above, you can’t always download your Udemy course videos straight from the website.
There are plenty of third-party programs that you can use to record the videos that you are playing on your screen.
You should make sure that you have software that can record both audio and video.
You can also get programs that will allow you to put arrows and notes in the margin so that you can highlight various portions of the video as you study.
There are numerous programs that you can get to do this, but we’ll give you a step-by-step for using Aqua, one of the more popular video downloaders.
- Get the installer of the Aqua demo. You can do this by searching for ‘Aqua’ in Google and downloading videos and the file straight from the client.
- Once you have downloaded the file, open the installer. Once the program is installed, click on the ‘video recorder’ icon (indicated by a large film camera icon).
- Now when the window is open, select the ‘regional mode’ button on the left-hand side.
- Now click the big red record button at the bottom of the screen. It will now record everything you play on your computer.
- Press play on your Udemy video, it should now be recording a separate file straight onto your computer.
- While you are recording, you can also make notes and doodles in the margins. This will help you to highlight certain issues.
- Once you have finished recording, hit the stop button on the floating toolbar at the bottom. Once you have done this a playback window should open with the video that you have just recorded. You can also ‘save’ your file or press ‘rerecord’ to start again.
This is a great method of recording all of the Udemy lectures that you won’t be able to record online.
You can keep all your recorded files in a folder on your computer. This will also allow you to share videos with fellow students.
How To Download Udemy Courses On PC Using Firefox And Chrome
There are Udemy video downloader extensions that you can get for both Google and Firefox. This only takes up 1MB of space on your browser, so it is worth downloading Udemy videos.
This extension will detect any videos that appear in your browser. It will also allow you to download your files in high-quality. Here is a step-by-step guide for using the DownloadHelper function.
- Download the ‘DownloadHelper’ extension on your Google extensions tab.
- Open a new tab and click on the Udemy website. Log into your account and find the video that you want to download.
- Click on the video you want to play and select the highlighted portion of the DownloadHelper. This will automatically download the video that you are playing. You can choose the format and video quality in this helper.
- Once you have downloaded this file, go into your downloads folder and play it using your default media player.
How To Download Udemy Courses By Paying For Them
There are a lot of benefits to paying for a course, not least of all because you have legitimate access to the course materials, including the videos.
If you sign up for a course, you can so many more benefits than just the videos.
You can also do quizzes that will test your knowledge of a certain subject as well as readable course material that you can download and study at your own pace.
You can also get access to course instructors, who will help to clarify any questions that you have regarding some of your videos.
Solely watching videos is not the best way to glean information about your chosen subject and it is important that you flesh out some of your learning with guidance from instructors.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Videos Can I Download With Udemy?
There are plenty of videos that you can download, although you will have to check the course to see if it is possible to download your course videos.
Once you have purchased a course, it will let you know which sections of it you can download to your computer.
How Long Do You Have Your Udemy Course For?
A: Most of the courses that you can get from Udemy are available for life, so you can log out for long periods at a time and come back to pick up right where you left off.
We hope that our guide to downloading Udemy courses has given you a better idea of what is available to you and the different methods you can use to download your course materials.
This is really handy if you are learning on the go and you don’t have access to wifi.