There are a wealth of fantastic online learning platforms available at the minute, and Course Hero is considered one of the best, allowing you to expand your knowledge on academic subjects of your choosing.
However, being that it is academically focused, once you’re done with your school or college studies, you may be ready to cancel your subscription.
In this article, we will tell you that how to cancel course hero subscription here.
Canceling your Course Hero subscription can be a little confusing (and infuriating), as you have to use the correct channels, channels that differ depending on the way in which you signed up for the platform.
Not to worry, though. I’m going to be guiding you through each of the cancellation processes, so you can start saving a few bucks and possibly begin paying off that hefty student loan.
Did You Sign Up On The Course Hero Website?
If you signed up the traditional way via the Course Hero website, the cancellation process is pretty standard. Here’s how it’s done…
- Step 1 — Go online and head to the Course Hero website.
- Step 2 — Login to your Course Hero account.
- Step 3 — Click on the profile icon in the top right corner of the display, the little cartoony picture of a person wearing glasses.
- Step 4 — From the dropdown menu, select “Account Settings”. This will open up the menu you need to cancel your subscription.
- Step 5 — At the very top of the account settings menu will be the “My Membership” section. There will be four tiles in this section. One says “Pause Membership”, but you’ll only need this option if you think you might start using Course Hero again.
If you’re certain you’re through with the platform, the tile you need reads “Stop Recurring Membership”.
Next up, you’ll probably want to delete your account. It’s not essential, but hey, having your bank details in fewer locations online is always a good thing.
Course Hero claims to be a secure platform that values privacy, but if you’re not going to be using it, there’s no point in taking any chances.
You can deliver this final death blow by…
- Step 1 — Heading back to the Account Settings menu.
- Step 2 — Scrolling to the bottom of the menu.
- Step 3 — Clicking the “Delete Account” tile in the “My Account” section of the menu.
Did You Sign Up For Course Hero Via Google Play?
When you sign up for a membership via Google Play, all payments are directed through the Play store, which means, for cancellations, it’s the Play Store you’ll be dealing with — You cannot cancel using the Course Hero website as detailed above.
Here’s what you have to do…
- Step 1 — Go to the Google Play website or simply view your account on your smartphone.
- Step 2 — Sign into your Google Play Account.
- Step 3 — Head on over to your profile by clicking or tapping on the profile icon on the top right-hand side of the interface.
- Step 4 — A navigation menu will appear including the option “Payments & Subscriptions”. Click or tap on it.
- Step 5 — You will then be met with a list of your subscriptions. Scroll down until you see your Course Hero membership.
- Step 6 — Next to your membership icon, there will be a “Manage” option. Click or tap it.
- Step 7 — A menu will appear. Select the “Cancel Subscription” option, and voilà; job done!
- Step 8 — Just to be sure, refresh the page and check that Course Hero has disappeared from your subscriptions list.
Did You Sign Up For Course Hero On Your iPhone?
Canceling Course Hero when you signed up using your iPhone follows the same principles as the method detailed above, but rather than dealing with the Google Play Store, you’ll be working with your dedicated iOS subscriptions menu.
This is because the App Store is part of the Apple ecosystem, so you won’t have to delve into any apps or websites to sever ties with Course Hero.
- Step 1 — Unlock your iPhone.
- Step 2 — Open up the settings menu by tapping the gears icon (It should be on the first page home page of your phone, as it’s a primary app).
- Step 3 — Tap on your name at the very top of the menu.
- Step 4 — A list of your subscriptions will then appear. Scroll until you find your Course Hero subscription.
- Step 5 — Tap on the Course Hero icon.
- Step 6 — Scroll down until you find a tile that says “Cancel Subscription”, then tap it.
That’s all there is to it! You don’t have to worry about deleting any account, as your card details were only ever logged on your iOS account — Course Hero (see also ‘Does Course Hero Have A Free Trial?‘) never had them to begin with!
Canceling Your Course Hero Subscription On A Mac
Is your phone currently out of action? No problem. You can cancel your course hero subscription on a Mac.
- Step 1 — Login to your Mac and open up the App Store.
- Step 2 — Sign in to your account then click on your name.
- Step 3 — Select “Account Settings”.
- Step 4 — Locate your subscriptions. Click “Manage”.
- Step 5 — Locate your Course Hero subscription, then select “Edit”.
- Step 6 — Select “Cancel Subscription”.
Did You Sign Up For Course Hero Via iTunes? (Windows)
If you signed up for Course Hero via iTunes, you can cancel through the iTunes app on a Windows computer. It goes a little something like this…
- Step 1 — Open iTunes or if you don’t have it, download it from the Apple website.
- Step 2 — Locate the iTunes menu bar and click “Account”.
- Step 3 — Then click “View My Account”.
- Step 4 — Click “View Account”.
- Step 5 — Scroll down until you see the settings menu.
- Step 6 — Click “Manage” next to “Subscriptions”.
- Step 7 — Select the “Edit” option.
- Step 8 — Fine Course hero and choose “Cancel Subscription”.
I now pronounce you a free agent! You will have access to the premium service for the duration you’ve already paid, and after that, no more Course Hero.
Once you trigger the cancellation, you should receive a confirmation email from Course Hero (see also ‘How Much Is Course Hero?‘) informing you that the cancellation will be effective within 7 business days.