Certifications, certifications, certifications: no matter what field you work in, you’ll always find a company or platform offering its own versions.
Certifications usually come with the promise to increase our skills and job prospects, but what are LinkedIn learning certificates, and how to add LinkedIn learning certificate to profile to boost your skills and presence?
What Are LinkedIn Learning Certificates?
Whether you want to increase your education, learn a new skill, or make your resume stand out from the crowd, a LinkedIn learning certificate can help you.
LinkedIn offers its users a staggering 16,000 online courses, all of which are taught by professionals and come with their own certificates.
LinkedIn adds new courses every single week, so you’re bound to find something to suit your industry.
Unlike a college or university class, a LinkedIn course will only take a few hours to do, and each course usually uses quizzes and videos as its primary learning materials.
Once you’ve finished your LinkedIn course, you’ll be given that all-important certificate.
A LinkedIn learning (see also ‘How Much Is LinkedIn Learning?‘) certificate is much the same as any other educational certification.
This certificate is a way to show to employers, your network, friends, and family that you’ve completed and passed a course in a specific skill or industry.
If you add one of these to your resume, it may even help you stand out against other job applicants.
The Best LinkedIn Learning Courses + Certifications
Wondering if there’s a LinkedIn course for you?
It would be impossible for us to list every single LinkedIn course here (there are 16,000 of them, after all!), but keep reading to view a round-up of some of the most popular and valuable LinkedIn learning courses – all of which come with their very own learning certificates.
Every course we’ve listed is completely free, so you won’t have to pay a penny to enroll!
- Analytical Reasoning
- Learning Video Production and Editing
- Marketing Tools: Digital Marketing
- Blockchain Basics
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence
- Learning Cloud Computing
- Microsoft Teams Essential Training
- Excel Essential Training
- Time Management: Working from Home
- Critical Thinking
- Python Essential Training
- Online Marketing Foundations
- Speaking with Confidence
- Developing your Emotional Intelligence
- Optimizing Your Work with Microsoft 365
- Inclusive Tech: Breaking into the Tech Industry
- Ethics: Managing Real or Perceived Conflicts of Interest
- Cybersecurity for Startups
- How to Land Interviews Without Applying Online
- Reducing Employee Turnover
- How Design Makes Us Think
- Practical HTML for No-Coders
- Advertising on TikTok
- Marketing Strategy: SEO Content Writing
- SEO Foundations
- Mindfulness for Beginners
- Learning Everyday Math
- Content Marketing: Ways to Repurpose Video Content
As you can see, LinkedIn offers a huge variety of courses for people working across all industries.
Whether you want to learn a completely new skill or develop your knowledge in your own industry, you’re bound to find the right course for you!
Are LinkedIn Learning Certificates Worth It?
There’s no reason why you shouldn’t get a LinkedIn Certificate.
With more than 16,000 courses to choose from, it’s never been easier to find the right course for you and work towards your certification.
Although these certificates may not have the same authority as a degree or certificate from an educational institution, they do show employers that you’re willing and motivated to learn.
Although each course can be completed in just a few hours, you’ll still learn valuable skills that you can bring to your current job or take into a new role.
How To Add A LinkedIn Learning Certificate To Your Profile?
If you’ve completed the right course for you and you’re ready to show off your certification, it’s now time to add your LinkedIn certification to your profile.
In just a few simple steps, you can show off your new skills to your network and future employers.
Let’s take a look at how to add your new LinkedIn certification to your profile.
When you’ve completed your course on LinkedIn, you’ll be automatically prompted to add your certification to your profile.
If you’ve missed the prompt, you can add it this way:
- Click on the LinkedIn learning homepage, and click on your profile picture in the right-hand corner of the page. Now, select ‘learning history’ from the drop-down menu.
- Once you’re on the learning history page, you can add your course certificates and any learning paths you’ve completed straight on your Linkedin profile.
- To add your course, click the ‘more’ option, which can be found on the right side of the course title.
- Now, select the ‘add to profile’ option from the drop-down menu.
Note: if you haven’t completed the course, you won’t be able to add the certificate to your profile.
Make sure you’ve reviewed the course content to see if you’ve viewed all the videos and taken the quizzes before trying to add the certificate to your profile.
When you’re ready to add the certificate to your profile, you’ll have a few options to choose from.
- If you only want your certificate to be viewed by your immediate connections, click on the ‘share with’ dropdown menu, and select ‘connections.’
- If you want this update to be visible only to selected people, head over to the ‘share with’ dropdown menu, and click on ‘individuals.’ From here, you can type in the names of the people you want to share your certificate. Only the names you type will be able to view the update.
- Once you’ve made your selection, click on the ‘add to profile’ button, which will appear in a confirmation window. Now, your LinkedIn certification will be displayed on your profile to your chosen audience.
If you have any issues adding your LinkedIn certification to your profile, we’d advise contacting the LinkedIn team directly for more assistance.
For more information read this article.
The Bottom Line
LinkedIn has fast become the most popular professional networking platform in the world.
Not only is LinkedIn great for building connections and getting your business out there, but its courses offer users a simple and accessible way to improve their skills.
Now you know how to add a LinkedIn certificate to your profile, why not take advantage of the courses and try one for yourself?